What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

I give it one expressionist silhouette out of a possible 5

nosfer30.jpg

Hitchcock's "Spellbound". Cliffhanger to the end - but with the usual romantic all's well that ends well finish.

Loved the Salvadore Dali inspired dream sequence. Could watch that over and over.

Squiggle said:
Hitchcock's "Spellbound". Cliffhanger to the end - but with the usual romantic all's well that ends well finish.

Loved the Salvadore Dali inspired dream sequence. Could watch that over and over.

Apparently was supposed to be much longer. But would have been too “bizarre” for “Mainstream” audiences.

Great movie.

As is Spellbound, the documentary about the American Spelling Bee Competition.

Watched the much maligned Marnie t’other day for the first time. I thought it was brilliant. It’s no Vertigo or Psycho, but still….

Goff said:
Watched the much maligned Marnie t’other day for the first time. I thought it was brilliant. It’s no Vertigo or Psycho, but still….

Haven't seen Marnie yet... might have to check it out.

Squiggle said:
Haven't seen Marnie yet... might have to check it out.
Marnie SPOILERS***

what's the craic with connery raping her in that film.isn't he like the hero of the film.even at the end you're supposed to side with him.pretty shocking

They have Marnie in the Blanch Library. Actually, they don’t; I have it. But they will probably tomorrow or Monday.

Don’t read below……

hermie said:
Marnie SPOILERS***

what's the craic with connery raping her in that film.isn't he like the hero of the film.even at the end you're supposed to side with him.pretty shocking
Watched the documentary. The first screenwriter said the same as you and was fired because of it. But Hitch disagreed. Gave it to Jay Presson Allen to write instead and she just wrote it and thought nothing of it until talking to the first guy years later.

Still, it works though I don’t know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back