What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Page 1000? It's only page 250 really.

revenge%20of%20the%20ninja.jpg

From our friends Golan and Globus. Best parts are where Kosugi Jr is fighting.

078002205X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This landed Seijun Suzuki in all kinds of shite with the Nikkatsu studio, because they wanted a film that made sense. Jim Jarmusch lifted the shooting through the plughole in the sink scene in Ghost Dog from this.

danger-diabolik-ital.jpg

Had to go with something produced by Dino De Laurentiis. Fortunately, John Phillip Law is not required to do any acting in this.

Mentioning Dino de Laurentiis, some useful information here - two of the lads who wrote The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Luciano Vincenzoni, Sergio Donati) also came up with the story for Raw Deal. Good work, those guys.

A Christian Marclay type job of two seconds of everything listed?

One-Armed-Swordsman.png

This has all the usual Shaw Brothers goodness, with a bit more plot than usual.

bodyguards-assassins.jpg

This is kind of a Chinese version of the Gauntlet, except instead of Clint and a big metal bus, they have Donnie Yen and a bunch of other kung fu types. Bit heavy on the banging on of how important Sun Yat Sen was, but quite enjoyable when the action kicks in.

cover.jpg

This is a film about a samurai werewolf, except not as good as a film about a samurai werewolf sounds like it should be.

Watched the Social Network. Seriously entertaining stuff in spite of being a film about the most boring subject imaginable. David Fincher can't do charachters, he cant to warm, and he can't do light he does cold, dark and obsessive and does it coldly and with incredible attention to detail. Thankfully Aaron Sorkin can really write charachters and the film is about a charachter who is cold and obsessive. It's entertaining stuff but like Finchers back cat while you're watching it you're gripped but as soon as it ends little stays with you. Recomended, not as good as the hype suggests and thankfully it's not in love with the internet or facebook.

Finally got around to watching Where the Wild Things Are, which I should have watched ages ago.

Very well done, I like how they expanded on it but kept the general themes in place. The only problem with it IMHO is that the books ambivalance towards mothers, friendship and the like comes across as incredibly depressing when extended as it is, the weighting is slightly off.

It also reminded me of Gullivers Travels in that the Wild Things are like Yahoos who probably need some back breaking hard work to stop them becoming the depressing mopes they do when they spend all day thinking about themselves.

SO THERE YOU GO.

The Thing - stone classic

Winter's Bone - Goodish. Some strong performances. going by the title and poster i was expecting a chase movie but this is straight up drama

The Social Network - Very impressive. Great pacing and a delicious script

51E5A7BDQ6L.jpg

stunning movie, can't believe i've never seen it before. eric roberts is equal parts hilarious and desperate in it. anyone who hasnt seen this, check it out.

pumpkinhead.jpg

This is actually pretty good, mainly because Lance Henriksen is in it. Some nefarious city kids acccidentally kill his son, so he gets Pumpkinhead on the case to kill them.

ab2tposter.jpg

This has Chow Yun Fat, shooting and explosions

Some morons try to extort his restaurant. He makes them apologise to his rice. Like so:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back