What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

fell asleep 40 minutes into vampires kiss with nic cage.
gonna pick it up again tonight and watch the rest, the missus said it was incredible.

Westworld.jpg

Another cool 70's sci-fi film. Beats the shit out of Logan's run

saw Welcome to woop woop, which is a quirky oz film about an american who "marries" a girl from a small backward village, where noone ever leaves. Not bad, passes the time, the whole super natural red kangaroo bit seemed bit out of place though.

Earlier this evening watched The Manchurian candidate, ( '62 version with Frank Sinatra) very good, gripping film.

saw Welcome to woop woop, which is a quirky oz film about an american who "marries" a girl from a small backward village, where noone ever leaves. Not bad, passes the time, the whole super natural red kangaroo bit seemed bit out of place though.

Earlier this evening watched The Manchurian candidate, ( '62 version with Frank Sinatra) very good, gripping film.

A Serbian Film: http://twitchfilm.net/news/SerbianFilmPoster.jpg AWFUL

Going to watch 'Paper Man' this evening - has anyone seen it? Ryan Reynolds is difficult to watch, but Emma Stone is one of my biggest girl crushes right now, so. Worth sacrificing a few hours of my Epic Mad Men Catch Up (seriously, I'm only on season 2!)??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nope, but it's on the list of things I need to see in the not too distant future. Thought there was some Filipino film Batista (or Bautista as he is there) was in as well, but I can't find mention of it now.

Wim Wenders is one of my favourite directors. 'Paris, Texas' is great too. I love the Nick Cave scene in Wings of Desire... ugh Wenders can do no wrong really.

71HGQAGZ5BL.gif

One of your post-apocalyptic type things, except everyone looks like they're in a western and there's loads of fisticuffs. And footicuffs too. Isaac Florentine directing, so loads of whoosh sound effects every time someone moves and people doing smersaults after being shot. Amazon have it in a 4 pack for £2.35 with some other Gary Daniels film and an Oliver Reed one, and a Bryan Genesse one (he's the bad guy in this, but he comes across as a poor man's Gary Oldman in Leon).

lucky-number-slevin-cover-3.jpg

Good, but not as clever as it seems to think it is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

heard this was unwatchable?

Oh yes, granted I've not actually seen that but heard similar reports. Thinking about it on a clearer head, Wenders can certainly do wrong. I had issues with pretty much all of the ones I've seen, if not with the actual filmmaking then the actual thematics... but I can't help but overlook them because I just love watching his films. I might actually give that a go, just to see.

B000WGZGOC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This would be your Hong Kong gangster film done with Western trappings (as in the films that have Lee Van Cleef in them, not the direction). Nicely styled, if you like that sort of thing, which I do.

51Bq59183eL._SS500_.jpg

Starting with a motorbike coming out a window is always a good sign. First time a passenger doesn't throw up, but then that guy's been known to eat things that'd make billy goats puke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back