What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

b0007zeo6y01lzzzzzzz.jpg

Pit Fighter, directed by Jesse Johnson who also directed the Butcher, and starring Stephen Ireland as Pit Fighter. Dude loses his memory after a shootout and gets into Mexican underground fighting. End gets even more ridiculous than Commando for multiple bad guys not being able to shoot one protaganist standing in the open. Warning, in case you watch this expecting Scott Adkins to kick anyone, he doesn't, he's only in this briefly and not fighting. Which is a waste of Scott Adkins in my book. It's still pretty good though.

1880.jpg

Not one of Dolph's better efforts. Dolph, go watch the Mad Maxes and try again.

idw1fl.jpg

The Tartars are acting the maggot so Gordon Liu does some training in the old kung fu and then some fighting. Also, he's called San Ta in this so it's probably a good one to watch at Christmas with the first two Die Hards.

12th & Delaware, a documentary about a pro-life group who buy the building across the road from an abortion clinic to try to stop people having abortions. Really nicely made film.

twelfth_and_delaware.jpg

specialforces.jpg

This is a motion picture about two important subjects, those being lots of shooting and Scott Adkins kicking people. Lots of rolling around in this one, Marshall Teague is in it too. It's good, although not if you're insistent on things like "plot" or "dialogue".

i'm not clever enough to discuss the complexities of this film or how they relate to hitchcock's issues with women so i won't bother. suffice to say that from the opening credits onwards you know you're in for something special. it's absolutely riveting. some of the camera work is astonishing. n.b. i remember watching this on a hotel pay per view with my dad years ago in the states. the scene with kim novak in the forest dressed in the long white coat speaking about how she's already dead scared the piss out of me. why my dad thought this film would be suitable for an 8 year old is beyond me but i thank him now for introducing me to it.
vertigo.jpg

i'm not clever enough to discuss the complexities of this film or how they relate to hitchcock's issues with women so i won't bother. suffice to say that from the opening credits onwards you know you're in for something special. it's absolutely riveting. some of the camera work is astonishing. n.b. i remember watching this on a hotel pay per view with my dad years ago in the states. the scene with kim novak in the forest dressed in the long white coat speaking about how she's already dead scared the piss out of me. why my dad thought this film would be suitable for an 8 year old is beyond me but i thank him now for introducing me to it.
vertigo.jpg

This will always be in my top ten movie watching experiences ever list, truly gripping.

prime-cut.jpg

Lee Marvin backed up by the Irish mob collecting a debt from pimp/livestock kingpin Gene Hackman backed up psychotic corn fed rednecks. great!

followed by

FatCity1972.jpg

Stacy Keach as a washed up ex-champ, Jeff Bridges as an up and comer. also class. boxing was woegeous though.

Nice double bill..

Just rewatched Prime Cut a few months back. Great film. The bit where the hooker drops the handful of quarters was both shocking and depressing..

51Q1AS0PBXL._AA240_.jpg

Not the Lee Marvin one, the Mickey Rourke and Danny Trejo one. Rorke's brother and some other convicts escape form prison and take over a shopping centre, or mall as they like to call it. Not amazing, but Danny Trejo gets a good bit of time.

poster.jpg

Dolph is some manner of ex-KGB hitman type who makes the mistake of letting a dude live and then gets in a bunch of shootouts and fights. This is pretty good.

redheat.jpg

Belushi - "he has rights, you can't touch his ass."
Arnie - "I do not want to touch his ass. I want to make him talk."

Hadn't seen this in ages, forgotten how good it is.

redbelt-poster-0.jpg

David Mamet's jujitsu film, so there's not a whole lot of fighting, but there's plot and dialogue and stuff, all about dudes doing the right thing (much like in Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing). This is extremely good.

unbesiegbest2.jpg

Best of the Best 2, a Ralf Moeller film with some guys who were in Best of the Best.

steve-austin-damage.jpg

Stone Cold Steve Austin in an underground fighting film, although some of the fights are actually outdoors. Much better than I expected, not as good as other similar things like Blood and Bone or Undisputed II and III. Walton Goggins in it as well.

719R5HPAYQL._SL500_AA300_.gif

This is great and this is why -
A masked martial artist serial killer killing other martial artists. (RVD is one of them)
Main cop on the case does magic tricks all the time at crime scenes
Chief of Police is Frank Gorshin (Riddler in the Batman series)
LOADS of spinning around and jumping off walls
At least five people go through windows

silt-us-poster-showdown_in_little_tokyo.jpg

Dolph's best, in my book.

street-kings.jpg

Crooked cops, Forest Whitaker, decent enough.

war_JetLi_Jason_Statham_poster_1.jpg

WAR! What is it good for? It's good for a bit of shooting, fighting and dudes going through windows.

thumb_1237470642.gif

This involves Stallone hanging off cliffs, helicopters, blue screens and John Lithgow. It's mainly about John Lithgow.

lastboyscout.jpg

This is about Bruce Willis and a Wayans and bad guys who use way more C4 than they actually need.

chaos-jason-statham-dvd-cover-art.jpg

Not Dave the Demon DeFalco's Last House knock-off, it's Wesley Snipes robbing a bank and Jason Statham as a cop. Reasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back