What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

backslapping documentary about the DIY art scene in mid 90s NY. fine i guess but the artists all seemed really dull and a bit empty headed, except for harmony korine who's clearly mental
20080207-beautiful_losers.jpg

encounters_at_the_end_of_the_world.jpg

A damn fine film. Werner Herzog should team up with Louis Theroux to make a new season of weird weekends. It'd be fucking class

I watched this last night after reading your recommendation. Loved it! But then it was WH... :)

He could narrate the end of days and make it sound alluring.

backslapping documentary about the DIY art scene in mid 90s NY. fine i guess but the artists all seemed really dull and a bit empty headed, except for harmony korine who's clearly mental
20080207-beautiful_losers.jpg

Harmony Korines film Julien Donkey Boy is the most mental movie ever made about mental disorders. It also features a superbly mental performance from Werner Herzog. Well worth seeing, tough be ready to feel very very strange.

juliendonkeyboy.jpg

possibly too much flying around the place , and a dodgy Irish accent but I really enjoyed this

Id imagine kids would be scared shitless though

christmas_carol.jpg

alt_norliss_tapes_big.jpg

Dan Curtis directed pilot for an illfated TV series - very similar to Curtis' earlier produced/directed Kolchak films....Very similar themes - a writer investigates the supernatural, stories told in flash back back etc..

Despite poor make acting, scares and make up there is something charming about this show/film. Unfortunally, protagonist David Norliss is has no where near the lovabilty of the rogue reporter Carl Kolchak..

Pity the series was never picked up...

Harmony Korines film Julien Donkey Boy is the most mental movie ever made about mental disorders. It also features a superbly mental performance from Werner Herzog. Well worth seeing, tough be ready to feel very very strange.

juliendonkeyboy.jpg

Such a seriously seriously odd film. It made me feel very strange after watching it, like I was going around very dopey for hours trying to recover. Only other film that made me feel like that was Inland Empire. But I do love watching Herzog, there's something startlingly soothing about him (O hai oxymoron!)

Such a seriously seriously odd film. It made me feel very strange after watching it, like I was going around very dopey for hours trying to recover. Only other film that made me feel like that was Inland Empire. But I do love watching Herzog, there's something startlingly soothing about him (O hai oxymoron!)

Any Idea what the fuck was going on between Werner and the shoe? Fucking mental

Yeah, Julien Donkey Boy is definitely Korine's best. Have you guys seen the trailer for his new one. Looks good to me although he's got alot of ground to make back after the horrendous Mr. Lonely.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPl-O0Z5hys"]YouTube- TRASH HUMPERS, a film by HARMONY KORINE[/ame]

rotten. an over stylised, self conciously wacky mess. a mish mash of coens, early p.t. anderson and wes anderson. completely missing the humour, originality and visual style that makes them great. this is from the guy who made the completely overrated brick. avoid
the-brothers-bloom-011.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back