What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

have you seen rec? thats about 40 times scarier than the orphanage, maybe the scariest ive ever seen. the orphanage is scary too though, at least it is if you watch it and arent running around playing class prankster.

have you seen rec? thats about 40 times scarier than the orphanage, maybe the scariest ive ever seen. the orphanage is scary too though, at least it is if you watch it and arent running around playing class prankster.

Haven't seen it. Downloading now so I'll get back to ya. A quick (fuck off spoilers) glance at t'internet tells me it aspires to be realistic. Sounds good.

The Orphanage or anything like it could never scare me. Nothing has since the unforgettable night I saw Alien when I was 10. The only thing that gets to me now is stuff like United 93, the Bloody Sunday movie or Threads - all masterpieces IMHO. That kind of stuff chills me to the vital core - in a weird satisfying way.

Catharsis?

2592563594_ed070dda9b.jpg

Mildly amusing
Not great
JK Simmonds bits are the funniest
I fucking hate Tilda Swintons reptillian head (really, whats the fucking attraction)

i watched rec last night. really enjoyed it. a proper frantic horror movie. similar style to cloverfield but the POV camera worked way better in a claustrophobic setting. i loved the way it went from a slightly uneasy, jokey atmosphere into balls out panic in the space of a few minutes. the last 20 minutes or so scared the piss out of me. like, srsly

i watched rec last night. really enjoyed it. a proper frantic horror movie. similar style to cloverfield but the POV camera worked way better in a claustrophobic setting. i loved the way it went from a slightly uneasy, jokey atmosphere into balls out panic in the space of a few minutes. the last 20 minutes or so scared the piss out of me. like, srsly

jesus the last 20 minutes, i know. just when you thought it couldnt get any worse. even thinking about it now i can feel myself tensing up again.

so what happened at the end anyway? was it all the devils fault or was it just that the guy who had the attic room thought the kid might be possessed but really just had the virus? the fuckin attic with no lights :eek:

that old lady was scary too, and the child that bit the mother

religulous-teaser-poster.JPG

Some of this is hillarious
Not particulary insightful - pretty much a single joke the whole way through; find some kind of fundie nutjob, ask them if they really believe in a talking snake.
Some of the cut aways and subtitles added are brilliant
Overall - it not as if talking to flat earthers and creationists is going to really advance human knowledge or apologetis much, but Bill does puch each interview to the very bleeding edge without being an asshole about it.

Overall it's a bit glib but that doesn't make it any the less funny.

I quite liked that actually. The zombie on the roof of yer man's range rover was done pretty well.

Seen eagle eye just a while ago. Fairly meh. Watched Dark Knight again earlier. Mazin.

30 days of night.
not good.
i prefer zombies.

One of the things I really really really hate about the states is how terrible network TV is.

The 4 or 5 good shows are repeated endlessly untill you couldnt bear to watch another minute of any of them, there is nothing even remotely cerebral on any of the channels and everything is sanitised beyond belief.

Would anyone die if you occasionally got to see a tit on TV after 9PM

But the worst thing is how they take a film completely unsuitable for a time slot and then just edit the living shit out of it to make it fit.

Last weekend 30 Days of Night was on a 3PM the week before Any Given Sunday was on a lunchtime over the weekend.

Of course both film were completely unwatchable they had so much cencsored out.

Makes me fucking mad.

:mad::mad::mad:

'the Round-up' - 1965 Hungarian film about the systematic wipeout of the remaining rebels against the Habsburg dynasty within a detention camp, set in mid 19th century. Sort of centres around one guerilla who's been identified as a murderer and is forced by his captors to become an informant and weed out key insurgents among the prisoners.
Well worth checking seeking out. Although not the best film I've seen in the seismic Second Run dvd series (which mostly consists of lost classics, chiefly from Eastern Europe)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back