What movie did you watch last night? (21 Viewers)

I watched most of Coco before Chanel on Filmfour, mainly to see if they would mention the fact that she was a fanatical anti semite and worked for Nazis during WW2. They left that bit out.

odd+couple.bmp

THE ODD COUPLE (not the Lemmon / Matthau one).

Sammo and Lau Kar Wing (also the director) in old man makeup are two old lads who've duelled every year without a winner, so both take on students (each playing the other's student, not in old man makeup) to carry on the duels.

Good fighting, some silliness.

%21BPV%28M8%21BWk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-D8EjlLl%29cYWBJzGNWVjeg%7E%7E_35.JPG

BLACK MAGIC. Shaw Brothers horror, not as good (by which I mean not as much ridiculous shit) as the later SEEDING OF A GHOST and BOXER' OMEN. Also not as good as that poster.

In Winters Bone Jeniffer Lawrence played a squirrel eating hillbilly and in The Hunger Games she plays a sentient squirrel who eats hillbillies. Nah, shes still a hillbilly who eats squirrels who gets to compete in The Hunger Games. Good film, influenced by Battle Royale, Rollerball, Neon Flux (at one point Jennifer wears a leather catsuit like Neons), The Fifth Element.

Teens from the 12 districts travel to the capital to do battle, There Can Only Be One survivor. Interesting, dress fashions in the capital seem to be either harlequin punk or 19th century US statesman, with hair-styles from 5th element. Stanley Tucci makes a great tv host with Donald Sutherland as The President. Woody Harrelson is a broken down alcoholic coach.

Nuff said, see it.

I wasn't expecting much from this film but it surprised me. if you like prison movies then give this one a go. Good performances from has been actor Dorff and Kilmer. It's about a family man who gets done for killing an intruder and has to survive the brutal American penal system.

MV5BMTA5NzE1ODk4OTJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDI5NzE0ODE@._V1._SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back