What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

nlgbbbblth - I watched the 3 On the Buses in a row (I'm a big fan of the Confessions/carry on films) and boy was I suprised how shit/nuts they are. They seem a lot more mean spirited/misogynistic than similar films. I was suprised how camp the conductor guy was and how old Reg Varnie was from my memories of seeing them as a kid. It just made the whole thing way more surreal.

I caught:

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

Documentry about a Clan of hillybillys that I was first made aware of thru Hank III's song 'D ray White'. This was produced by Johnny Knoxville's company. It worth a look at this trainwreck...Great music throughout too. It was worth it for the hot wimmims and tap dancin'..:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also watched the earlier (and much tamer) THE DANCING OUTLAW:

poster.jpg

Not one of Dolph's better efforts.

The_Losers_poster.jpg

This isn't up to much either.

human5.jpg

Lo Lieh stirring up shit between two rival dudes by killing their sisters, favourite prostitutes etc and making lanterns out of them. Plenty of evil laughing out of him as well.

circle-of-iron.jpg

This has David Carradine in multiple roles (including a monkey), Christopher Lee and Eli Wallach sitting in a barrel of oil trying to dissolve his cock. It also has a protagonist who's never been seen in anything before or since. Not great.

cutters_way.jpg

Jeff Bridges as guy who sees body being dumped, John Heard as crippled guy out for justice.

Jazes I remember that Eli Wallach flute disolving scene from seeing that movie as a kid..is he saying stuff like "its only the size of a pea now"?

This here is where the Simpsons peaked in my book (bye book)

running.jpg

Andy Lau is dying so he decides to go messing around with the cops for his last days. Low on shooting and explosions, but high on goodness. Also, that poster seems to suggest a blindfolded duel. There are neither blindfolds nor duels in this.

mission-DVDcover.jpg

Not at all as sweeping, majestic and David Lean-ish as I remember.
I tiny plot, stretched out.
Some bizarre choppy editing.
Those weird voice-overs the Portuguese troops have....... "move that cannon there" in a Birmingham accent.

Basically
Indians come out of the jungle
Find religion
And like it so much that they stay for mass instead of fucking off back into the trees when the shooting starts.
Odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back