What movie did you watch last night? (26 Viewers)

i didn't like it but i only watched it because i heard there were filthy bits in it. that often backfires as a reason to watch a film...

Watched Cocaine Cowboys for about the 3rd time on more 4 the udder night.
Brilliant Documentary about the rise of the coke trade in 70's & 80's Miami.
It's on You tube if anyone's interested.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fantastic documentary alright, some of the shit that happened over there makes our drug dealing gangsters look like petty armatures.

Watched the Two Escobars from ESPN's 30 for 30 series yesterday. The stories of Pablo Escobar and Andres Escobar and Colombia society and football... very very good.

Watched "Harry Brown" which is good once it gets going. (the start is quite poor, looks like a collage of scenes, that set up the rest of the film rather than being part of the story linear. if that makes sense). Also the ending leaned a little to much to the cheesy side. So 6/10

Then "A new nightmare on elm st." which was considerably better than I had anticipated, give in Michael bay's involvement and the fact that it's a remake of such a great film. so 8/10

4209551020a.jpg

Bleak. Kinski as bounty hunter who doesn't take people alive, Trintignant as mute hired to kill him for revenge.

Extremely good. Only Western I can think of where there's snow throughout the film.

TaichiMaster1993.jpg

Watched this with the nephew and got a belt in the balls when he decided to try his tai chi mastery on me. It's about fighting and not about stretching.

All the badness is deliberate so it's ok. It's not tedious badness like in the Octagon. I'm willing to give Lee Van Cleef and ninjas another chance if I ever come across the Master. A whole series of Lee Van Cleef as a ninja.

My Son, my son, what have ye done - Great. Herzog back on form after the rather iffy bad lieutenant. Awesome script, performances and images.

Exit through the giftshop - Enjoyable streetart faux-doc. with a great modern art swindle worthy of Chris Morris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back