what is wrong with irish music? (2 Viewers)

oh right, sorry.i think thumped had an influx of bored guys on awhile ago who just used thumped to try to be offensive. That's so last year.

Have you ever seen a pair of boobies?

I really hope this is yer mans' band, t'would explain alot in terms of pent up auslander agression that can't quite be translated into the rock format cos its just too damn twee, he-aahh

if that is his band, i think the 'you know who' promotions ban should apply to him aswell. No room for you at the inn, mate. When a band is dressed by their ma, i reckon it should be the death penalty.

Q.what is wrong with irish music?
A.as Tom said recently...

"- the hard working class heroes event is full of (mainly) mediocre bands strutting their stuff to 'industry' heads, and is embarassing. agreed. however, it exists because both sides of the equation want it - while there are plenty of 'industry' types who are stuck in a "let's find the next u2" mindset, there are also still plenty of bands who want to be the next u2, or the next whoever. the f.m.c. (who run h.w.c.h.) are simply providing what 'industry' and 'talent' both want - no point giving out about them. if anything, they are a symptom rather than the cause. i'd actually be a lot more charitable than that - the f.m.c. is run by very genuine, dedicated people who do the best they can with limited resources.

- i genuinely don't know why bands want to do the whole rock star routine - sometimes i wonder if this is simply down to the rock mythology spouted by hot press and similar. do people actually believe this stuff? 'unsigned', 'showcases', 'talent', 'industry', 'a & r', all the rest of it.

- related to the last point - it's possible that nothing will change until niall stokes is dead. so if you want to improve irish music, buy a rifle.

- it might be obvious saying this, but it bears repeating - there are plenty of labels and people who are doing cool stuff, and doing it for its own sake, not to become part of the 'industry'. out on a limb, trust me i'm a thief, deserted village, frontend synthetics, ordinary days, basta, skinny wolves, lazybird, etc, etc.

- if the practical achievements of people like this can be shared, and built on, and expanded, then there is huge potential for a sustainable, vibrant, independent music community to exist and to expand. with any luck, soon after that, it will dismantle the entire music industry, all coercive institutions, and all states, and lead us into the anarchist paradise with flowers in our hair."

nobody actually answered this question. what is wrong with irish music? answer: everything! you spud pickers have contributed NOTHING to the world of music. u2=american music played in a whiny, pretentious manner. irish trad music = english and breton trad music without the rythym, just a handful of notes repeated at breakneck speed without style or meaning. cranberries = typical catholic upbringing shite. irish ballads = some drunk irish cunt whining about how he wants to go back to ireland. GO BACK PADDY! who's stopping you?

Couldnt agree more. Irish cunts taking all our jobs

Are you saying that you wish you were a punk rocker with flowers in your hair?

diapunk.gif

is it the drink to which they have such a proclivity towards that make sthem such poor musicians? is this why they have no sense of rythym? or is it the years of abuse by the clergy that forced them to only whisper and to keep their hands down by their sides?
discuss.

Hi Guys,
The main thing thats wrong with the irish music industry is one word niall stokes and hot press i know thats two words but so sue me, but we should all try and be nicer to one antother i know i have said this before but i need to say it again, how do you think i have a record deal do you think its for writing decent songs? And not to mention that alot of the bands that i have seen which are not many but the ones i have seen are usuallly all talk and no real ability and their musicainship is rather low whereas mine is obviously outstanding. There are so many bands that are second rate musicians i shall not name names but you know who you are.
I hope people take these points on board and try to be nicer to each other and go home and practice a little bit more.
Thanks For Listening
Paddy:)

Hi Guys,
The main thing thats wrong with the irish music industry is one word niall stokes and hot press i know thats two words but so sue me, but we should all try and be nicer to one antother i know i have said this before but i need to say it again, how do you think i have a record deal do you think its for writing decent songs? And not to mention that alot of the bands that i have seen which are not many but the ones i have seen are usuallly all talk and no real ability and their musicainship is rather low whereas mine is obviously outstanding. There are so many bands that are second rate musicians i shall not name names but you know who you are.
I hope people take these points on board and try to be nicer to each other and go home and practice a little bit more.
Thanks For Listening
Paddy:)

Ok, if this is said paddy casey which I very much doubt... But anyways answer me this.. Where were you going supporting pearl jam? Thought that wouldnt have been your kinda area like, ageing rocker types.

Ok, if this is said paddy casey which I very much doubt... But anyways answer me this.. Where were you going supporting pearl jam? Thought that wouldnt have been your kinda area like, ageing rocker types.

of course its paddy. He gives lots of good advice about stuff and about life and other stuff.

Of course its him.

YOU THICK FUCKING PIECE OF PADDY SHIT! 1ST OF ALL I NEVER HEARD OF HALF THEM BANDS. THIN LIZZY WERE FUCKING AWFUL, AND ANYWAY THE SINGER LOOKED ABOUT AS IRISH AS I DO. THERE DRUMMER HAD NO SENSE OF RYTHYM, BIT OF A PROB 4 A DRUMMER. MUJIBOY IS BANG ON, PADDIES SHOULD LEAVE MUSIC TO THE BIG BOYS. IE THE BRITS AND YANKS. YOU KNOW, THE ONES INVENTED ROCK AND ROLL, BLUES, JAZZ, POP, ETC ETC ETC......
THICK FUCKING MICKS

This is a black thang, is'nt it? Black music. Thank slavery for music. More power to them; not you, etc, etc..

Hey, wanna hear a joke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back