What guitar? (1 Viewer)

CinnamonBoy

Just supposing you're an indie guitar hero with maybe €500-€800 to spend on an axe......what would you guys recommend?? Anything I personally was thinking about such as a Gibson double cutaway in faded yellow or a Fender Jaguar I went to Harmony-Central.com to check the reviews and they were generally slated. So now I don't know what to do. And I don't want a telecaster.

lpjr%20double%20s.jpg

double_neck_sg.jpg

Get a Duesenburg......well actually I know nothing about them but they look kinda cool. Perfect Pitch has a couple of them. www.duesenberg.de/

A vintage Hagstom like this one http://cgi.ebay.ie/HAGSTROM-II-VINTAGE-ELCTRIC-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ7418630986QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thomann do re-issues now but I don't know if they're any good.

Or a Gordon Smith, half the price of a Gibson SG and just as good, they also do double cut like the Les Paul you were after and they're dirt cheap on ebay. http://www.gordonsmithguitars.com/

Hey thanks a lot. Gordon Smith's seem like the way to go for that kind of money....that double cutaway....i'm in love with it...

Who are built to spill?! pfff...

can recommend Gordon Smith as well, recently got a mad cheap (€285 all in) GS-II (the double cutaway style) off ebay.. a fair amount of superficial ware but it plyas perfectly and sounds great. can't say i love it quite as much as my 70s SG but it was less than half the price alright.. good luck with whatever you get.

That's a bargain alright. Say......I'll give you €400 for it. A delicious profit for you and a lot of hassle saved for me. How bout it?

hah. no, i need it, sorry.
keep your eye open on ebay and you'll find one if you have some patience. i've been recommending them to people though so i know at least one person you'll be bidding against when one comes up.

or you could just order one direct from Gordon Smith. It will take 6 months for them to make it though.

I got one from Buy & Sell. 375 bats for an '82 Explorer. Result!

Gibson Sg's are very distinctive sounding.Lots of low end,play a few different guitars first.I play an SG but I use it for heavier stuff.If I was you I would defo consider a tele.

I have three Gordon Smith guitars,all amazing. If I was to buy another guitar I would buy a GS strat as I've wanted a strat for a long time and the idea of one made by GS blows me away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back