What got you into Punk Rock? (2 Viewers)

Putting on metal/grunge nights in Archies Bar in Carlow with Doyler back about 1995/6 and Conor bringing Brawl then Ex-Cathedra up to play about a fortnight apart. Up 'til then had just heard Sex Pistols/Clash did'nt realise there was still a thriving punk underground. Hooked - thanks Conor.

Used to hate the whole punk/ska scene until I started listening to Leftover Crack and now im a firm believer in the word of punk.

My brother.

He forced me to listen to Fuck Authority by Pennywise when I was 11 and I quickly got into other punk bands after that.

I haven't listened to Pennywise in years actually.

The Clash by the Clash, brought home by my brothers
White Riot on that is so fucking great......
that has dated well.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the album version :)

BMX video's... bands like Nofx,Pennywise and Good Riddance.
Only got into hardcore bands through a friend with a massive record collection and penchant for the term raging.Only started listening to hardcore about a year ago.

The Puszone column in Thrasher magazine and Peel,closely followed by tapes and taking chances on records mentioned in Thrasher and other skate mags.
As a result of crossover I also heard bands like DRI,Ludichrist,Cro Mags etc.

bought stranger than fiction by bad religion when it came out cause i seen the video for infected on mtv (selling out has its good points) and smash by the offspring closely followed by pennywise. skate vids were a big influence and j.k. on 2fm used to play gout which gave me the butterflies the first time i heard

actually i've misplaced all my gout shit could someone put the album and the l.p. up for download on this if at all possible

Also,when I was a kid I was really into Adam & The Ants,when I heard the first lp my mind was blown,to me it was really fucked up. It really made me wanna hear loads of different types of music so I started watching the Tube,Old Grey Whistle Test and some random late night music tv. I remember my first exposure to the Dead Kennedy's was a gig on late on CH4,I couldn't believe it. Took me a while to find out more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back