What got you into Punk Rock? (2 Viewers)

i went to giros in belfast for the first time, it was an all ages gig although it was giros so there was more buckfast round than i had ever seen. i saw the dangerfeilds (when cormac was in them and they were fun live), some days better (maybe im not quite sure) and the awesome mr nipples and the dangleberries. i was amazed at how much craic it was. also i met the mr nipples crowd a week later and they seemed to not hate me (even though i was a little goth complete with crow make up) so i started goin to gigs

Here he is

naked-goth-boy-YUHMMCS.jpg

Me brother got a Nofx tape off his mate when i was 13 i took it and thought it was deadly then got into more american punk and after that english and irish punkand never looked back as they say in the states.

Chelsea' the real spirit of Punk Rock, anyone that saw them at Wasted '06 will testify they are even more intense now than they were back in the day, but they never got the respect from the so called cool Punk bands..,
I've seen them around 15 times and they blow the pretenders away..nuff said ..up the Punx..Thug rock forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaEQrFWEhpU

Great fucking band,Last drink, the b-side of right to work single is one of the best songs ive ever heard,that and im an upstart by the angelic upstarts and sick of this and that by the Damned got me hooked on punk in the bad ole eighties

Also,when I was a kid I was really into Adam & The Ants,when I heard the first lp my mind was blown,to me it was really fucked up. It really made me wanna hear loads of different types of music so I started watching the Tube,Old Grey Whistle Test and some random late night music tv. I remember my first exposure to the Dead Kennedy's was a gig on late on CH4,I couldn't believe it. Took me a while to find out more.

wow. first tape for me was adam and the ants bought in golden discs downstairs in todds in limerick - it was either that tape or a samantha fox and liverpool poster. dead kennedys were the first punk band i got into. although i listened to nothing but maiden for years and they were my first gig.

Got an Amphetamine Repitle compilation cassette i bought back in tralee which got me into a load of stuff like Bosshog, Pussy Galore Big Black and noisey stuff.Around the same time as i was listening to Nirvana, L7, Paw, Janes Addiction, Soundgarden, Jesus and Mary Chains,Manic street preachers, Huggy Bear, Chrome Cranks, Skinny Puppy, Sonic Youth.Lots of grunge.
Got into alot of underground and punk stuff later on in college and after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back