what a night to get TV back (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
Got some rabbit ears and saw TV for the first time in months. And what greeted me last night... "The Dinner Party". I think this may just fall into the "so bad it's good" catagory.

"I took half an hour to get ready, I think (insert name) probably too about a week" classic stuff

Kirstie?

Anthony said:
Got some rabbit ears and saw TV for the first time in months. And what greeted me last night... "The Dinner Party". I think this may just fall into the "so bad it's good" catagory.

"I took half an hour to get ready, I think (insert name) probably too about a week" classic stuff

Kirstie?
Oh my god, I was going to post a thread about this very thing. I don't get any channels, but sometimes I get a fuzzy Network 2, though I hadn't attempted it in a while until yesterday. I watched this last night, and felt violated, like there was an entire -- uninvited -- college of cardinals fiddling about in my knickers.

What little was left of my innocence is now lost -- thanks RTE!

Anthony said:
I'm afraid to say she didn't watch it, she was too busy watching property ladder and Little Britain.

The new Little Britain will much better than the last series if last night is anything to go by. Very funny.

It's horrendous viewing alright. And does Amanda Brunker appear to be doubling in size every week or wha'? Last night I was flicking thru and found 'Unfaithful' or something on RTE 1 featuring a lothario named Noel from Portlaoise or somewhere. Possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen. He *is* a character from d'Unbelievables and was going on about riding rings around himself in the Midlands. The best tv ever.

Oh, see, even when I get said Only Channel Possible, the picture's still pretty poor, and comes up double-vision, drunk style. I've always just assumed that RTE did that on purpose, as if by making you think you're too drunk to focus on the screen, it can provide an excuse for its shite programming.

So there were two overlapping Amanda Brunkers on my screen, lapping each other.

jane said:
an entire -- uninvited -- college of cardinals fiddling about in my knickers.
i'm obsessed by this phrase - the alliteration, the fact that they may be invited in other circumstances, the emphasis that this is not just part of a college of cardinals but the whole lot, and the non-specific nature of the verb fiddle (which leaves so much to the imagination) - very good.

this is some good time-killing right here.
edit: i should add this is a purely linguistic interest

I'm sure it will be repeated about a million times on BBC3. I was only impressed with half the stuff in the first series, but last night was funny all the way through. The best new character is the puking lady.

Wavioli said:
GAAAAHH. I forgot, I FORGOT!!

Robbie Analog said:
I'm sure it will be repeated about a million times on BBC3. I was only impressed with half the stuff in the first series, but last night was funny all the way through. The best new character is the puking lady.
I liked Bitty myself.

I never want to clap eyes on the dinner party. Ever. Stew is rubbitch but Killinaskully seems to be fairly amusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back