were so gonna get thrashed tomorrow nite (1 Viewer)

rampz

or are we? discuss. sure its only a friendly. all of a sudden the ireland squad resembles wales or norn irn in depth and quality.

na were gonna get beat!!! no duff, no dunne, no keane....and no harte we are screwed. Still will give him a chance to change things a bit (unless he gets shot of course)

ah i dont know lads.

The dutch, a friendly, in the rain, in a crap stadium, having to look at Steve Stauntons head........they might not be arsed.

If we dont give em time on the ball we could get something out of this.

Im going. It bets not piss. Me with my terrace tic n all.

they might have robben, van persie, kuyt and jan vennegoor of hesselink but we have jonathan douglas and kerry dixon.

We'd be better off with this Kerry Dixon

h_dixon_1.jpg

I picked this score on a diff forum.
after 56 mins look's like we'll be both wrong lol
(it's 3-0 to the Dutch at the mo):eek:

its gonna be a long transition period methinks. world cup 2146 here we come.

4-0 eh?

Strange game. Looks more to do with poor organisation than necessarily a complete lack of quality from the players. The Dutch have some superb players and on the night our better players were missing. I wouldn't read too much into it - better to lose 4-0 against Holland in a friendly than Germany in a qualifier.

The real question though must surely by, why the FUCK do we have so many players with bloody HIGHLIGHTS in their hair???? It ain't N'Sync, it's international football, Brian.

0,,10278%7E2883750,00.jpg

pic_mcgeady_2.gif

KevinDoyleAM14020695.jpg

Jesus, that was a bit grim... All it really proves though is that we're fucked if more than a couple of our first team pick up injuries. Stan's going to be having nightmares about the defence, the Dutch just walked through so many times. On the plus side, some of our new guys look handy enough going forward.

Interesting difference in the FA and FAI. Before the qualifiers start england pick shit team for friendly, hammer them and are on a high for first qualifier. Ireland on the other hand pick a very good team and get destroyed. We should have played san marino! still as richie said few new lads played well. McGeady should be a starter on the right and now we know doyle will run his bollocks off for 90 mins. Even though he didnt get many chances he still chased everything down

personally i think that staunton is not the man for the job. I think the FAI really messed up on this one. Appointing a zero experience manager for four years (would two years not have made more sense as a start) with an ageing 'consultant' (who is too pre-occupied trying to stay alive) thrown into the mix is NOT the framework needed in trying to get a bunch of average players (with a few exceptions) qualified for a major tournament.

staunton, although he might have been a decent player, does not seem to know how to manage/coach a team. It's fine coming up with a tactical plan, anyone can do that, but motivating your players to excecute that plan is another thing.

It looked to me last night that hardly any of the player knew what they were meant to be doing (except for o'shea who was clearly under 'hoof the ball' orders). Where was kilbane meant to be playing ? and kavanagh and reid could not work out the midfield between them. etc...

it was a disaster

staunton has to go. this mistake has to be corrected now to even give us a chance of getting some postivies out of this team.

Ireland on the other hand pick a very good team
What game were you watching?!

staunton has to go.

Already?!

Amazing how the media can take positives from getting drubbed 4-0, as if we are willing to settle for being shit. Fuck that. It's an average team that can do far better than that. I might come round to Littbarski's line on this by Sept 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back