well, i wouldn't normally do this but... (1 Viewer)

Re: haha

terri_asshat said:
Y'know, if everyone stopped listening to Tom Dunne, we wouldn't have this problem.
I've always maintained that Tom Dunne is music for dunces. He plays songs for 12-year-olds on the verge of getting into music and people his own age - what is that 44? - who think they still like music but don't really have a clue anymore. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's what I think of him. He made a really big gaffe a little while back but I've drunk too much wine to remember what it was...I guess the moral is don't drink and post.:( It will come back to me.

so the beat poets are playing this right??

According to the sun (newspaper) yesterday the rags were down for this also.

anyone know if they're playing or at least what the fuck is going on???

Ben Richards said:
so the beat poets are playing this right??

According to the sun (newspaper) yesterday the rags were down for this also.

anyone know if they're playing or at least what the fuck is going on???

The Rags always had the slot. The other bands are just a, eh, bonus..

Saw the Rags playing last weekend. Singer took a moment out of his prancing to remind people that "yeah so we're playin in Marlay Park next week with The Chemical Brothers, and, eh, some other band, eh, Sonic Youth?"

Ahrm. The Rags are a pretty good band though so fair play.

are you sure? its not on their websuit and the gigs page is well updated and i havent seen them included on the bill and even we were included on the bill up til last week and we've known we weren't playing since july.
Tis a bit of a disaster.

roxy said:
The Rags are a pretty good band though so fair play.

If someone says 'fair play to them' about a band, what i hear is

"Not very good but don't want to slag them".

I don't think I've ever had to say "fair play" about a band or musician I thought were talented.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
If someone says 'fair play to them' about a band, what i hear is

"Not very good but don't want to slag them".

I don't think I've ever had to say "fair play" about a band or musician I thought were talented.

No not at all - it's actually more an attempt to avoid begrudgery. When I say fair play what I'm saying is "I guess they actually deserve it, and although I'd rather some other band in that slot, you have to give credit to them for achieving blah blah". See? I actually do think they're a very good band so I'm saying fair play despte the fact that they didn't exactly seem to thrilled to be sharing a bill with Sonic Youth.

Fierce complex this innit Ro. Whew.

roxy said:
When I say fair play what I'm saying is "I guess they actually deserve it, and although I'd rather some other band in that slot, you have to give credit to them for achieving blah blah".

Yeah, they're crap but I don't want to slag them.

It's exhausting trying to be nice about people's music isn't it? That redneck's thing of 'please don't ask us what we think of your band' was bang on.

Psychotic no 2 said:
I've always maintained that Tom Dunne is music for dunces. He plays songs for 12-year-olds on the verge of getting into music and people his own age - what is that 44? - who think they still like music but don't really have a clue anymore. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's what I think of him. He made a really big gaffe a little while back but I've drunk too much wine to remember what it was...I guess the moral is don't drink and post.:( It will come back to me.

Was watchin Reeling in the the years last night (deadly show) an they showed an ad that horselips made for some pepsi-made fanta drink called Mindy or some shit like that. It was the folkiest pile of tree-hugging, shoulder-holding, paisley-shirt wearing, girley-smiling, love-singin ,corporate propaganda, sellout SSSHHHHEEEEEEEYYYIGHT i ever seen. Very funny though. Made me want to hit the first hippy i see today.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Yeah, they're crap but I don't want to slag them.

It's exhausting trying to be nice about people's music isn't it? That redneck's thing of 'please don't ask us what we think of your band' was bang on.

No! It's "I don't think they're crap. Unfortunately, they're actually quite good. But I'd just rather X band in there just coz they're me mates. But I admit that's kinda stupid and you can't deem a band crap just just coz of that. So I'm being fair and judging them on their own merits. So fair play, genuinely".

THAT's what my "fair play" meant.

You're making me age rapidly here, Ro.

roxy said:
No! It's "I don't think they're crap. Unfortunately, they're actually quite good. But I'd just rather X band in there just coz they're me mates. But I admit that's kinda stupid and you can't deem a band crap just just coz of that. So I'm being fair and judging them on their own merits. So fair play, genuinely".

THAT's what my "fair play" meant.

You're making me age rapidly here, Ro.

I don't want to age you Roxy. Here's some golden advice - never, ever explain yourself on thumped. I became two inches smaller every time I ever did it.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Was watchin Reeling in the the years last night (deadly show) an they showed an ad that horselips made for some pepsi-made fanta drink called Mindy or some shit like that. It was the folkiest pile of tree-hugging, shoulder-holding, paisley-shirt wearing, girley-smiling, love-singin ,corporate propaganda, sellout SSSHHHHEEEEEEEYYYIGHT i ever seen. Very funny though. Made me want to hit the first hippy i see today.

that the 1973 episode? Great ad

horslips6b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back