Ween - Where To Start? (1 Viewer)

Ciarán R

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
Think I'll buy a Ween album, don't have any but had a recording of white pepper before but lost it. Remember twas good but that was a few years ago and can't remember much of it.
So, folks, any suggestions on what to get??

The Pod is great and it will get you onto their wavelength. then just buy everything. They've a new record out in a bit appearenty.

eat a load of magic mushrooms and listen to 'chocloate and cheese' and 'the mollusk'. henceforth ween will have a special place in your heart .

as stated: chocolate and cheese is a great place to start. but you can't really go wrong with a lot of the other stuff, and the variety is staggering.

my personal favourite is god ween satan - the oneness. or pure guava. and the mollusk...

yeah, they're all great.

best bio ever (from god ween satan):

Ween plays gospel music. Ween is here to spread the word of their lord, the demon-god BOOGNISH. BOOGNISH appeared first to Ween in 1984 when Dean and Gene were 14 years old. They (Dean and Gene) were not friends, and they shared little in common. Upon the first sighting, BOOGNISH communicated to them what had to be done and later that day Ween recorded unto tape the holy picture that HE had painted for the two boys. HE has since appeared only twice, once to punish Gene for trying to leave the band. The other time Ween will not discuss.

Since the apparition first appeared, Ween has recorded (legitimately) over 1,000 songs, and they have not yet begun to accomplish their task of spreading HIS name on THEIR earth. Ween ate dinner with Harrison Ford once and he thought they were dicks. God is sinless and humane, so is Satan, and Gene claims to hold the balance between the two. Ween still don't really like one another, and at times one must really wonder why they're still together after all these years. When you witness the obvious dislike between the two, and ask them why they haven't split, Gene starts to cry, remembering what happened in his last moment of weakness. (Deaner is too stupid to quit.)

Many people don't know about Ween yet, but those who do are more loyal than any Dead Head. "God Ween Satan: The Oneness" will make you question the duality of man. At moments you will be pleading to God for forgiveness, and at other times you will feel the need to suffer for your most holy Satan. Don't be confused, this strange phenomenon is the poser of BOOGNISH taking control of your soul. You need not be scared, there is nothing wrong with these feelings: you are experiencing the COMMON VISION that brought Dean and Gene together and keeps them from breaking up. There is nothing you can do!

Was it Ween had that really heavy song called something like "so fucked up"? That was great,did they have anything else like that?I never liked much else I heard by them.

They play every kind of music. I agree with what has been said, Choclate and Cheese is a good starting point. It's where I started. and Mark, you're mad if you think The Pod is the place to start.

i don't know all of Weens stuff but i started with 12 golden country greats but i'd say its not the best place to start even though i like it alot. i'd say start with the mollusk or White pepper or chocolate and cheese.

or just listen to chocolate town from Quebec......

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Was it Ween had that really heavy song called something like "so fucked up"? That was great,did they have anything else like that?I never liked much else I heard by them.
did it go:

"you fucked up, you bitch, you really fucked up!!!
you fucked up, you fucking nazi whore!!!"

if so, it's er, "you fucked up", track one off god ween satan.

s'not that heavy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back