Wedding Present venue change (1 Viewer)

The Wedding Present's eighth Dublin gig was a most enjoyable one.
Nicely full although nowhere near an unpleasant jam. Very hot inside (no surprises there as it was positively tropical outside).

We got setlist 3 which had many highlights. Especially You Should Always Keep In Touch With Your Friends and Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now? (complete with deviation into Pourquoi.... halfway through). Not heard that one live since McGonagles in 1988.

Kennedy sounded far better than the 2005 version. Take Me was a delight.
They came on at 8:50pm and played until 10:15pm. Which enabled me to get the last train home thus ensuing I wake up in my own bed tomorrow as opposed to my sister's couch.

which means we missed half an hour. shite.
anyway they were really good, what we saw I enjoyed way more than the village gig.

Balls, knew we should have got their earlier. It was great anyway, I enjoyed watching the 30-somethings circle pit during Kennedy, very entertaining.

We were even sadder and sat upstairs, but at least we left with our dignity intact Paul.

I thought this was wonderful too. Like someone said above, Why Are You Being So Reasonable Now, You Should Always Keep In Touch With Your Friends and Everyone Thinks He Looks Daft sounded aces. I was dancing (like an idiot) at the back of the on again off again mosh pit. Dancing to the Wedding Present is much more fun than moshing. No one really actually dances in Dublin, do they?

In a lame, fanboyish kind of way, I think Terry di Castro is stunning.

nlgbbbblth said:
Take Me was a delight.

geebags! my fav weddos song, i was just way too tired to attend this. i wore my weddos t-shirt yesterday though.

was a very good gig. Shivers was ace. not too bothered about the really old stuff but still nice to hear it. Take Me! was class as was Ringway and Octopussy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back