Weaning (1 Viewer)

Lash a bit of salt onto his grub.He won't be able to resist.

we started weaning the sproglet a couple of months ago. great fun. started off really slow but it's terrifying how much they can eat once they get into it. not as terrifying as the end result though.

we started with mostly just very mushy baby rice for the fourth month, then a bit of fruit blended. pears are good. or the jars. seems vegetables can be a bit less appealing; a lot of the jar vegetables have a lot of potato or baby rice to bland up the experience. we fed him some homemade carrots and peas last week; he didn't like that. at all.

as long as what they're eating is bland or sweet, and smooth then they seem happy. but you never know! but start slow, they seem to cop on pretty quickly!

Isabelle's first solid food a shopping list we had given her to hold when we went around the supermarket. After that it was mostly stewed fruit and veg and chewed up bits of our own dinners, moved reasonably quickly to eating whatever we're eating. No preference for anything sweet or bland, in fact she seemed to prefer strong flavours. Then around 2 she started getting picky, wouldn't eat anything with chilli in it, then prawns, then peppers, then pizza and she's gradually getting pickier. It's kinda crap but we don't make a big deal of it, hopefully she'll grow out of it. I always deliberately forget what she says she doesn't like and put it on her plate anyway, in an attempt to prevent her defining herself by her food likes and dislikes

ween.jpg

Sweet potato made him cry :(

Here, what can you give him for iron?

I'm working off a HSE leaflet and a recipe book of pureed food, both of which say I should give him red meat for the iron, which he won't ever be getting.

I'm working off a HSE leaflet and a recipe book of pureed food, both of which say I should give him red meat for the iron, which he won't ever be getting.

:eek:.Will the madness never end!!!!

P.s.Happy Halloween Diddles,Hmd and most of all HMB!!!

I had a spare exclamation mark!

The wife is on this stuff while she's knocked up
http://www.spatone.com/
Has it in fruit juice...
could be handy for the little HMB.

iron. good point. I think I remember someone saying something about getting iron fortified baby cereal etc.

or spatone as ian suggested... even if it does taste like dirty pennies soaked in water. a disgusting, yet fascinating, taste.

actually, yeah... loads of iron can make you constipated, which wouldn't be good for a youngling. actually I asked the missus earlier; she was recommended to get iron fortified baby rice. there's a baby book knocking around the house that might have some more advice on the matter. must dig it out and see what it says..

jeez diddles you're giving out about men not bein' men and doin' a bit of carpentry and fixin' a leak, and here you are denying your son a bit of steak or an auld bit of sausage. Sure what do you expect! Next thing you know he'll be listening to Sufjan Stevens and carrying a man's bag.

jeez diddles you're giving out about men not bein' men and doin' a bit of carpentry and fixin' a leak, and here you are denying your son a bit of steak or an auld bit of sausage. Sure what do you expect! Next thing you know he'll be listening to Sufjan Stevens and carrying a man's bag.

Thomas Edison was a vegetarian. I bet he could put a shelf up.

Yes, so was Hitler. Apparently he was good at putting together a kitchen cabinet, and even put together a team of cabinet-makers. Quoth his speech in Munich in 1941:

"When today I appear before the nation and look at the ranks that surround me, I look at a band of men, real men who stand for something. On the other hand when I regard the cabinets of my opponents, I can only say: "Quite incapable of being put in charge even of one of my smallest groups.""

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back