Warzone centre (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
For those who might not have heard the new Warzone centre is now open and fully entertainment licensed as a byob music venue with a capacity of 160 with in house pa. theres also a deadly vegan cafe - cheap and amazing food especially the cakes, their own secure parking for bands, pool and table tennis tables and plans afoot for practice room and more.

great alternative to pub venues and a really positive "can do" atmosphere in the place.

its in the city centre near the europa hotel and the beautiful Crown Bar and well worth checking out the cafe or a gig if your up those parts.

been up twice now including the festival at the weekend - its upstairs on a side street - one main big room with stage, sound box etc at either end and tables / chairs the amount of which vary on whether its gig time or food time, theres a long serving counter and kitchen off to one side, toilets and a fire escape which leads down to their own car park for smoking area.

seems really well run - eg everyone working as volunteers wearing Staff badges, exits kept clear etc which is presumably to do with the license but also makes sense - wonder how a big crowd would get out of the tap for example if there was a fire .

theres also some small rooms behind the stage - not sure of long term plans for these but as for recording Marty form Bleeding Rectum was recording the live sets on the saturday of the fest so thats one possibility - hopefully someone involved will come on and explain more - eg not sure if practice space will be the stage area or will there be another room

It is a class spot alright, been up 3 times myself already. There is a real good feel to it, like the old centre, except now it is properly appreciated so there is a lot less messing.
Sound is a bit iffy still - I think they could use with a bit of treatment, even just sticking some soft stuff on some of the walls would probably make a big difference, definitely the back wall anyway. I'd say it will improve though as the sound dudes get used to the room.
Ain't room for a recording studio there. The small rooms behind the stage currently consist of a small back stage storage area, an office, and I think a dark room, that's about it.

Really heartens me to hear some people have got together to make Warzone concept work somehow in a modern context. Fuckin' great!

great audio/visual quality on that clip. Are shakey mobile phone clips a thing of the past already?

That clip is fucking awesome alright!Qwality!Great band too!!!

i always thought that 1000 drunken nights were under appreciated, perhaps cause of comparisons due to the association with Runnin Riot who are so good , perhaps cause of some back in the day messin but they have some cracking tunes and are great live and good people.

They are playing in Dublin on December 17th for free in the Pint so worth checking out. Theres probably 4 other gigs on in dublin that night mind but thats another story / thread.

Great night there on saturday, the place is unreal. Fair fucks to everyone involved for all their hard work. Few more videos up on Vimeo now aswell, really nicely shot!

Thanks for all the kind words about the Videos guys much appreciated.
We had a few technical hitches on the night and didn't get as much footage as we hoped but we got enough so you can see what the place is like.
Watch the whole thing again HERE
And there WILL be a studio in the new Warzone Centre soon.....

We had a few technical hitches on the night and didn't get as much footage as we hoped but we got enough so you can see what the place is like.
nice one marty and nice quality on them vids,oh and congrats on being a grandad.

Thks for reminding me its December alreay...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back