Warp Records Weekender - 15th / 16th April (1 Viewer)

I agree with Wattser about Squarepusher. "Do You Know Squarepusher" was the last good track he did since "Red Hot Car".

awww man! red hot car was the worst track he's ever released. I often wonder if he released it in the heat of the moment after making it and then afterwards thought 'ahh nuts, I shouldn't have released that'

the 'girl mix' of it was better then the album mix
Thayl said:
I agree with Wattser about Squarepusher. "Do You Know Squarepusher" was the last good track he did since "Red Hot Car".

Sloweys right. I have sickness disease today

FancyGoods said:
awww man! red hot car was the worst track he's ever released. I often wonder if he released it in the heat of the moment after making it and then afterwards thought 'ahh nuts, I shouldn't have released that'

the 'girl mix' of it was better then the album mix

Sloweys right. I have sickness disease today

I dont mind it too much, but it really seemed like a stab at the top 40 or something.

FancyGoods said:
hupourradat!
What where his last four? Ultravisitor, Do you know squarepusher, go plastic, and selection sixteen. am I right?

You're right, but I forgot about Selection Sixteen, so make that his last five albums being rubbish.

FancyGoods said:
I will admit that none of them are as good as Hard Normal Daddy, which is one of those rare albums that I like every single second of.

That I agree with. Hard Normal Daddy is pretty unbelievable. Maybe one of the reasons that I dislike him so much is that he went from that high to the cack of wank fusionry that is Music Is Rotted One Note, and all the crap that followed.

FancyGoods said:
Photon, do I not remember you saying you didn't like Candy Hank at Mòr? maybe your just not into awesome music!:D hee hee

Yep, good memory--didn't think much of ol' Hank. Musically, that is. He was a pretty nice guy.

Paul

photon said:
. Maybe one of the reasons that I dislike him so much is that he went from that high to the cack of wank fusionry that is Music Is Rotted One Note, and all the crap that followed.

arrrrrgh!

as my spanish exchange student used say 'You break-a my balls'

Music is rotted One Note is amazing. I implore you to go home and listen to it again. In fact consider it homework.
Again, there are some tracks that are impressive on technical merit , and one or two that could be consider 'filler' (although in saying that, every track is in keeping with the atmosphere of the album).
Listen to Track 2, 'Don't go Plastic',it wouldn't sound out of place on Bitches Brew apart from the fact that it is more organised. check out the funky bass guitar at the end and the jangling hi-hat roll.
Listen to Track 5, '137 Rinse' the ultimate 1970's San Francisco car-chase scene soundtrack building to a climax of snares, whoops, and tension.
Listen to Track 9, 'My Sound', which you could use to convice somebody that they were listening to The Redneck Manifesto.

Track 11, track 13....I could go on

Bad Photon

baaad Photon

Boom Bip, Jimmy Edgar, DJ Buddy Peace with visuals by Delicious9 tickets on sale now for the advance price of EUR 20 (including the booking fee) from City Discs, Road Records, Freebird Records and online at www.tickets.ie. EUR 22 on the door.

Beans, Chok Rock with support DJ Goldy and visuals by Delicious9 tickets on sale now for the advance price of EUR 18 (including the booking fee) from City Discs, Road Records, Freebird Records and online at www.tickets.ie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back