Warp Records Weekender - 15th / 16th April (1 Viewer)

PUSH PROMOTION

Warp Records Weekender - Friday 15th April
Temple Bar Music Centre
23:00 to late

Boom Bip (full live band)
Jimmy Edgar (live & DJ)
plus very special guest Warp DJ

Ticket info to follow

Warp Records Weekender - Beans and very special guests Chok Rock

Warp Records Weekender - Saturday 16th April
Eamonn Doran's
20:00 - 23:00

Beans (Warp)
Chok Rock (Warp)

Ticket info to follow

What's the deal with Warp Records events in Ireland? Whenever there's a Warp event it always pales in comparison to UK and international Warp gigs.

Take this weekender for example, they've all played here before (except for Chock Rock who I've never heard of before). Sure, they're average to good acts but where are the heavy weights?

Where's Richard Devine, LFO, !!!, Prefuse 73, Brothomstates, Luke Vibert etc? With the exception of Vibert I don't think any of the others have played Ireland before. All these acts have toured Europe before, are promoters not booking them or are they just avoiding Ireland? :)

Instead we get Plaid, a lot. Sure they're good too, but I've seen them live around seven of eight times at this stage. (all good shows except for their terrible DJ set at the U:Mack is 10 gig) It'd be great to see some of the above people.

Thayl said:
What's the deal with Warp Records events in Ireland? Whenever there's a Warp event it always pales in comparison to UK and international Warp gigs.

Take this weekender for example, they've all played here before (except for Chock Rock who I've never heard of before). Sure, they're average to good acts but where are the heavy weights?

Where's Richard Devine, LFO, !!!, Prefuse 73, Brothomstates, Luke Vibert etc? With the exception of Vibert I don't think any of the others have played Ireland before. All these acts have toured Europe before, are promoters not booking them or are they just avoiding Ireland? :)

Instead we get Plaid, a lot. Sure they're good too, but I've seen them live around seven of eight times at this stage. (all good shows except for their terrible DJ set at the U:Mack is 10 gig) It'd be great to see some of the above people.

Very well put. I was shocked when Chris Clark decided to play here, id been wanting to see him for a good while, and he was touring all over europe & america for ages with no Irish dates. It seems to happen alot...

Agreed. When is squarepusher going to play here again?

I wouldhave givenmy rightleg tosee himplay withthe londonSymphonietta

andautechre andvibert.

Ihave thesame problemwith Rephlex.

Maybe theyjust dontget thesame populationat irishgigs.

FancyGoods said:
Agreed. When is squarepusher going to play here again?

I wouldhave givenmy rightleg tosee himplay withthe londonSymphonietta

I could easily forego hearing from Squarepusher for the foreseeable future. His last four albums have been rubbish, with only one good song ("Do You Know Squarepusher?") to come out of them. He's gone so far up his own hole he's looking out of his own nostrils, in my opinion.

FancyGoods said:
andautechre andvibert.

Well, Vibert did a live in-store in Tower last year. There weren't many people there, though.

FancyGoods said:
Ihave thesame problemwith Rephlex.

Maybe theyjust dontget thesame populationat irishgigs.

Most every Warp/Rephlex gig sells out here, so I don't think that's true. However, most of those are in smallish venues (TBMC/Shelter/Whelan's), so maybe the problem here in Dublin is the venue size rather than the fan base.

Paul

photon said:
I could easily forego hearing from Squarepusher for the foreseeable future. His last four albums have been rubbish, with only one good song ("Do You Know Squarepusher?") to come out of them. He's gone so far up his own hole he's looking out of his own nostrils, in my opinion.

hupourradat!
What where his last four? Ultravisitor, Do you know squarepusher, go plastic, and selection sixteen. am I right? I will admit that none of them are as good as Hard Normal Daddy, which is one of those rare albums that I like every single second of.

His last album,Ultravisitor had some great tracks on it which makes it unmissable.
Tetra-sync -(unbelievably good)
Iambic 9 Poetry
Steinbolt
and number 13 (which I cant remeber the name of)
He did things in this album that I have never heard before, i.e. creating tracks that seemed to morph in and out of Live acoustic and heavilly processed mayhem

Do you know swuarepusher had the title track and that is it. The less said about this one the better.

Go Plastic: I honestly listen to the high-paced electronic tracks on this all the time. I think they're amazing. In particular the track that closes with a funky little Dr Dre style tune

Selection Sixteen, this was a great album too. There were some tracks that I liked instantly like Tomorrow World and others that took a while to grow.

I think squarepusher is awesome I really do.

Photon, do I not remember you saying you didn't like Candy Hank at Mòr? maybe your just not into awesome music!:D hee hee

FancyGoods said:
hupourradat!
What where his last four? Ultravisitor, Do you know squarepusher, go plastic, and selection sixteen. am I right? I will admit that none of them are as good as Hard Normal Daddy, which is one of those rare albums that I like every single second of.

His last album,Ultravisitor had some great tracks on it which makes it unmissable.
Tetra-sync -(unbelievably good)
Iambic 9 Poetry
Steinbolt
and number 13 (which I cant remeber the name of)
He did things in this album that I have never heard before, i.e. creating tracks that seemed to morph in and out of Live acoustic and heavilly processed mayhem

Do you know swuarepusher had the title track and that is it. The less said about this one the better.

Go Plastic: I honestly listen to the high-paced electronic tracks on this all the time. I think they're amazing. In particular the track that closes with a funky little Dr Dre style tune

Selection Sixteen, this was a great album too. There were some tracks that I liked instantly like Tomorrow World and others that took a while to grow.

I think squarepusher is awesome I really do.

Photon, do I not remember you saying you didn't like Candy Hank at Mòr? maybe your just not into awesome music!:D hee hee

jesus Fancy thats the most sensiblestnest thing you've ever said in your whole life. I couldnt agree more. I suppose i should maybe rep some one at least once for something music related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back