warp records lose the plot... (1 Viewer)

chok rock were appalling in dorans the other week. beans on the other hand was awesome. one of chok rock was smoking on stage and noone said anything to him. obviously has diplomatic immunity.

maximo park are shit!

Wheels said:
Same goes for Chok Rock too. Dodgy... very suspect.

ramps said:
chok rock were appalling in dorans the other week. beans on the other hand was awesome. one of chok rock was smoking on stage and noone said anything to him. obviously has diplomatic immunity.

maximo park are shit!

yeah the guy smoking on stage was possibly the only interesting thing about their gig. they seemed fairly pissed apart from the lady on the drums and were pretty much ambivalent about playing the whole gig. same as boom bip the night before, too tired and stoned to get it together for the first half of the gig. beans was good but 35mins is a tad short for the headline act.

it really annoys me when bands/acts,etc come over here and they play a half arsed set because they figure fuck it, it aint london so our rep is alright if we just dick around for the night and get too messed up to play properly and take the cash. i saw boom bip in london last week and even though he looked just as tired as he did in dublin from touring he and the band gave 100%. tossers.

from the New Musical Excrement...(clever, eh?)

MAXIMO PARK singer PAUL SMITH is appealing for the return of his life뭩 work.

After the band뭩 gig at Northumbria University on Monday night (April 25), Smith misplaced his bag containing personal items, including his red book which contained song lyrics to the band뭩 묨 Certain Trigger?/strong> album and poetry.

A statement on the band뭩 official website maximopark.com said: 밯e're desperate to get this bag and its contents back, so we're appealing for your help, especially those of you near the Cooperage along the quayside in Newcastle, where the bag was last seen.?/p>

The band added; 밫he bag is a white linen Japanese "soft-boy" and contained the following: Paul's RED BOOK containing his life's work: lyrics to the album, poetry, etc., polaroids and drawings, Kafka and Camus books, wallet and keys꿣asically his LIFE.?/p> If anyone can help, Maximo Park are asking you to contact Colin at Streetfeat Management on [email protected] or on 0208 964 1917.

yeah though to be fair (and I didn't think boom bip was all that AT all) the lack of interest from Dublin punters in those gigs was terrible, so if that was the way they were thinking, you can hardly blame them.

frambosenshmak said:
yeah the guy smoking on stage was possibly the only interesting thing about their gig. they seemed fairly pissed apart from the lady on the drums and were pretty much ambivalent about playing the whole gig. same as boom bip the night before, too tired and stoned to get it together for the first half of the gig. beans was good but 35mins is a tad short for the headline act.

it really annoys me when bands/acts,etc come over here and they play a half arsed set because they figure fuck it, it aint london so our rep is alright if we just dick around for the night and get too messed up to play properly and take the cash. i saw boom bip in london last week and even though he looked just as tired as he did in dublin from touring he and the band gave 100%. tossers.

i would have watched beans for hours. he's probably limited to what a cd walkman can do , beats wise that is. he's such a cool performer. he's got balls man.

i cant remember whether or not he had a hype man or dj or something when he played that quadruple header with mike ladd, busdriver etc. he was great then too, and his t shirts are fab, even though he didnt have any for sale in dorans. designed by burro you know?

frambosenshmak said:

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
from the New Musical Excrement...(clever, eh?)

MAXIMO PARK singer PAUL SMITH is appealing for the return of his life뭩 work.

The band added; 밫he bag is a white linen Japanese "soft-boy" and contained the following: Paul's RED BOOK containing his life's work: lyrics to the album, poetry, etc., polaroids and drawings, Kafka and Camus books, wallet and keys꿣asically his LIFE.?/p> If anyone can help, Maximo Park are asking you to contact Colin at Streetfeat Management on [email protected] or on 0208 964 1917.

i learned the hard way when i left my lifes work on bus one day. it took me quite a while for me to get a life after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back