Want a Free Music Video made for you Band? (3 Viewers)

As an animator I wouldn't worry about media students taking away all of the customers. There's a LARGE difference between a music video made by a student for free, and a music video made by a qualified animator, with experience, who was paid to do a good job.

As an animator I wouldn't worry about media students taking away all of the customers. There's a LARGE difference between a music video made by a student for free, and a music video made by a qualified animator, with experience, who was paid to do a good job.

i dont think anyones worried about that.
sure there have been so many make the music video competitions out there before this and the budgets for most videos have gone tits over arse since then (with the exception of the odd gondry/shynola nugget) that nobody sees music vids as a cash cow. BUT they shouldnt be overlooked as a great medium to create a beautiful narrative/experimental piece of work that can so easily sneak into film festivals and because of the music accompanyment can so often be more entertaining than short films themselves.

i saw one dot zero music vid reel this year and it sucked ass so many half assed efforts to do clever stuff but people were too lazy to either animate it properly or watch their quality control the whole way through.

i think its more that people avoid cliches and really push themselves and not just start with a bang but finish well too. dont let the energy of it peeter out because you started something you've grown tired of or cant finish in time (thats so effing hard to do, some day i'll figure it out). the video that jonny kelly made for rednecks is a great example of this. granted it helps that he's a talented b*stard too .|..|

as to people not wanting fancy animated garbage. thats so true all they want is to hear the music, the video is a bonus. look at channel 4's top 100 music videos program. utter bollox. some of the best videos made were overlooked because they didnt feature for a mainstream band on a big label so it should have been called top 100 songs you like by bands you know oh and they have a video so we can play it on the telly.

to the teacher: definitely push channel 6 to get them airplay and wedge them up on youtube and see what happens. Send stuff into darklight, onedotzero, res and specialten magazine. people dont tend to look to these shores too often unless the band have airplay in uk or elsewhere but hei look at what myspace has done for so many people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back