Want a Free Music Video made for you Band? (1 Viewer)

babybeef

If you want to be considered to get a music video made for your band or as a solo performer....whatever, please contact me. I'm a tutor at a college in Dublin and as part of the final Year on the Diploma in Media course, our students need to create a music video for a band. The only essentials are that you must have the song recorded decently, the video can only include elements of live performance (needs to be concept driven), there is no fee involved, and you will need to cooperate with the student and provide all consultation and information neccesary and be available for shoots when scheduled and the final edited video will be completed by end of April 2007. You will have to arrange all details with the student who will do the shoot, and comytracts will be drawn up between to band and the students so that everyone knows what's expected of them. If you are interested please post your myspace details so that I can read bios etc and hear some recorded material. We will be in touch in the next month to start production. This project is in it's first year and it's really a barter system so as long as you provide the tunes, presence and info, we'll do the rest.
Thanks, Babybeef

well he is practically stealing the food from their babbies mouths, like.

i probably woulda de repped if i was anyway in the mood to but meh... too long to explain, students putting people out of work, and wrecking their own future chances, etc. !zed

as for stealing babbies food thank christ theres only two fathers in this motley crew of manimators. we're going to get a tag team between fathers and childers to see who wins the last of the liga.

Can I have a free Reemo thong please?

http://www.reemo.ie/shop.htm

me too. preferably with this dude in the grass right on the nutsack.

Paul.jpg

i probably woulda de repped if i was anyway in the mood to but meh... too long to explain, students putting people out of work, and wrecking their own future chances, etc. !zed

as for stealing babbies food thank christ theres only two fathers in this motley crew of manimators. we're going to get a tag team between fathers and childers to see who wins the last of the liga.
was i joking or were you?

was i joking or were you?

is this a game where the first person to say yes or no has to drink three piss stained fingers worth of electric picnic festival leftover drink?

about the two fathers? no
about the duel to death over liga tag team del9 father and daughter match? no, but chances of it happening are slim to nil.
about students stealing real peoples jobs? yes, can you imagine anyone actually making a living off music videos for a few years. you'd be insane to do something like that. :D.|..|

oh god i think i'm going to have a nervous breakdown

This project is in it's first year and it's really a barter system so as long as you provide the tunes, presence and info, we'll do the rest.
Thanks, Babybeef

are you going to screen them or get them aired on tv? i hear channel 6 have a late night show that features music videos

do the band have to fully co operate or can they have an 'artistic moment'? at which point the student director also has an artistic moment and storms off leaving the student producer to finally roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty in the real world of live action music video production.

can the students guarantee it wont feature any of the following?:
black and white obscure super 8 footage in a field/woods.
their parents colour super8 footage from new york or other big city
dart or luas trains
stock sepia film dirt/grain/scratch/trapped hair effect

are you going to screen them or get them aired on tv? i hear channel 6 have a late night show that features music videos

do the band have to fully co operate or can they have an 'artistic moment'? at which point the student director also has an artistic moment and storms off leaving the student producer to finally roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty in the real world of live action music video production.

dart or luas trains

are you trying to undermine them?

give them a chance!

are you trying to undermine them?

give them a chance!
yeah! Give them a chance. And more videos of people in trains looking out at Dublin bay! It's all the people want. They don't want fancy animated garbage. What people want is a grubby picture of some keys in a pocket of a coat on a man in a hat in a field near a town on a hill by the sea. And they want it now. And they don't care for your visuals. What they want is cake and the picture described above. And a jumper. And some more records. And more moustached old men presenting on television. And a drink. All they want is a drink.

Great to get responses of all sorts.... with regards to the following...

dart or luas trains

...what a great synopsis!
This is how it'll work. Each band chosen will be assigned a student who will devise 3 concepts for the band (after having discussions about what the band themselves want). The band will then choose one of those 3 options to be refined further and finally go into production shoot and edit. It's up to the bands if they want any of the above list, as the students must meet bands (clients) needs. That's part of the brief. As for a launch at the end, I'll talk to the bands in question about that. Have a few ideas but need to see what bands we'll use first.

Thanks to everyone who's responded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back