Wanna be in the Smashing Pumpkins? (1 Viewer)

adamus

Jimmy Chamberlin finally tells Billy Corgan to shove his band up his hole. Bleedin great drummer. I hope he doesn't go to waste.

From Pitchfork;
Last week, longtime Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin quit the band, explaining his decision thusly: "I can no longer commit all of my energy into something that I don't fully possess." Yikes! Keeping in mind that Chamberlain has stuck by lead Pumpkin Billy Corgan through thick and Zwan, this rates as a pretty serious vote of no confidence.

So now the Smashing Pumpkins need a drummer. And they're going the old-fashioned route to find one: Holding auditions! This means you could be a Smashing Pumpkin!

According to a press release, the Pumpkins will hold auditions for new drummers on April 10 in L.A.: "They should send their background info, photos and performance web links via email only to: [email protected]." The floodgates are open!

In other news, Corgan has apparently found himself another new collaborator: the bassist for a great 60s garage band. Why not?

According to an update on the Smashing Pumpkins' website, Corgan has been working on some new Pumpkins demos with Mark Tulin, the bassist for O.G. psych-rockers the Electric Prunes. The Prunes' two hits, "I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night" and "Get Me to the World on Time", are both total top-shelf hammerhead freakouts, standouts from Lenny Kaye's must-have Nuggets box set. The Prunes also recorded the reportedly insane 1968 LP Mass in F Minor with noted weirdo auteur David Axelrod.
On the other hand, it's not like Tulin's done much to set the world on fire in the past 40 years. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of this collaboration.

http://pitchfork.com/news/34955-wanna-be-in-the-smashing-pumpkins/

Any drummers here interested?
Imagine trying to party with Billy Corgan!

to be fair, all Chambo did was bang things.. Corgan cuts his lyrics into his flesh and makes all the music with his brain. if that doesn't earn him his 99.9% of all royalties, then brother I don't know what would.

Anyone know how to work a camera? I need someone to film my chops for Billy's consideration. Editing skills would be a major bonus.

to be fair, all Chambo did was bang things.. Corgan cuts his lyrics into his flesh and makes all the music with his brain. if that doesn't earn him his 99.9% of all royalties, then brother I don't know what would.

Don't all drummers 'just bang things' though? I think he's a fucking hero. Go back and listen to Geek USA or X.Y.U. As for Billy, I agree he probably does about 99% of the songwriting but it's no coincidence that as soon as James was out of the picture the song-writing took a dive. I think everything up until the break-up was fantastic and everything since has been utter indulgent shite. I was at that gig in the RDS and boy, what a disappointment. He's useless without the original band. Except D'arcy, she can fuck off. I imagine his new posse are all 'Yeah that sounds great Billy, lets do that'. Terrified of offending their big, bald, Jack Skellington-like master. He should re-name the band 'Billy Corgan & whoever doesn't currently hate my guts'.

Jesus christ people, I was being sarcastic. Jimmy Chamberlain is empirically amazing.

Except the lyrics thing.. I genuinely think Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie and Adore have some great lyrics and amazing songs.

Jesus christ people, I was being sarcastic. Jimmy Chamberlain is empirically amazing.

Oh sorry, I was about to send my cronies.

James Iha's latest venture

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If Jimmy Chamberlain joins a shit band then none of them will have done well out of the break-up. The whole thing frustrates the shit out of me. Why did Corgan pull the plug when they were still doing so well? Prick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back