Vocalist/Lyricist Available (1 Viewer)

astrophaleire

I'm a male vocalist/lyricist in the Dublin area; my experience is limited having only been in two bands. Problems had arouse in my previous band, the others lacked the determination I had. I'm
I am more than likely the best lyricist you'll find, my writing is semi-abstract. Somewhere between Perry Farrell and Tori Amos. I'm still working on my vocals to try and achieve that unique sound that will set me apart. I'm easy to get along with, once you’re not a chauvinist, homophobe or Guns’n’Roses fan.
My influences vary and are somewhat inconsistent, from Hole, Sonic Youth, Jane's Addiction and Nirvana to the likes of Duran Duran, Britney Spears and Fleetwood Mac. Then again influences shouldn't dictate a burgeoning band.
What I'm looking for is someone that shares my outlook and is willing to work as a team and not a dictatorship. I’d like to find a guitarist to share a Lennon / McCartney or Love / Erlandson relationship with... But that's in a perfect world. Musicians that either share or contradict my views would be well accepted. No sitting on the fence please, volatile relationships make for good music.

Contact me at : [email protected]

[font=verdana, times new roman][size=+0]Oh my god you totally took what I said the wrong way. Your looking at it too literally. We can draw inspiration from anything, even artists beyond our spectrum of interest. When I say Brtney is an inspired me I don't mean I'm a big fan. I see her,respect what she does and take what I need of it on board. I see certain things in her, she's had some good songs and cant be denied that, she's recorded one of the seminal pop songs of our time and has manipulated the media to her advantage. its that simple. I hate Guns'n;Roses, I see what they do and respect it to a degree. people should be allowed pick and choose what they listen to and don't. Nobody should be confined to a certain genre. people that have a fascist view on music annoy me, that comments there to weed them out.
[/size][/font]

I dont see what the big deal about Baby one more time is, IMO its not a great pop song.[size=-1]Max Martin wrote it anyway, so she cant really take credit.
She just a soulless puppet disney kid.
[/size]

There is room in the world for dumb music! thats what i beleive, once the music knows its dull and doesnt think it is like the most amazing thing ever! I mean look at the Thrills, if ur band is gonna suck at least have a sense of humour about it! Besides if there werent any shit bands you wouldnt know that yours is good.

Oh Im an available singer again!
So if you need singer drop me a line 0857339108

come on mr t! just cause britney started off on disney doesn`t mean she doesn`t put her heart and soul into every song she sings! and just because the only people who have any interest in her music are 13 year old girls and gay men who think they`re 13 year old girls doesn`t make her any less credable! give the girl a break man:)

Wont somebody safe this poor young boy from the sorrow of DIY folk music? I got ok on guitar and now it seems my lyrics have totally suffered in the process. The music I began to write is simple chord based songs and the lyrics began to follow suit. I think I’ve become Avril Lavigne during her more tender moments! This needs to stop in order for me to maintain my sanity!
Perhaps I began to think that I am Brian Adams or Joni Mitchell. I had to stand up in front of the mirror and tell myself “Kid you aren’t Brian Fucking Adams”. I can’t do it on my own, and I don't think I need to. I’m irrational and hard to work with but that's the type of atmosphere I need to be in to write good music!
I’ve been in bands where they did what I said and it turned out shit, then I became submissive punk rock urchin and that totally pissed me off. I need to hate the people I write music with. I need to be talked down to when I wont shut the fuck up and I need to be listened to when I try to force some pop mentality in there. Heterosexual men are the best for that, that's why all of the best bands have straight male musicians, they don't play games when they write music.
I just wanna be a fucking singer again; I want to be amazed by the people that write the music I put lyrics to. I want to aspire to better or equal them, make me feel like shit for not being as good and allow me to drive toward it. I wanna be primal; I wanna teach and be thought. It’s really silly and it’s the way things should go. I’ve learned and I'm still learning. Now I’m ready to start something properly. I have more time than ever and I still have the drive.

Cool,we are looking for someone to sing for us at the mo.We are totally driven,like out there driven.We are ideally looking for someone to sing in a kind of Kabinboy/redneck manifesto meets pelican going out with explosions in the sky kind of buzz.
Let me know dude.
astrophaleire said:
Wont somebody safe this poor young boy from the sorrow of DIY folk music? I got ok on guitar and now it seems my lyrics have totally suffered in the process. The music I began to write is simple chord based songs and the lyrics began to follow suit. I think I’ve become Avril Lavigne during her more tender moments! This needs to stop in order for me to maintain my sanity!
Perhaps I began to think that I am Brian Adams or Joni Mitchell. I had to stand up in front of the mirror and tell myself “Kid you aren’t Brian Fucking Adams”. I can’t do it on my own, and I don't think I need to. I’m irrational and hard to work with but that's the type of atmosphere I need to be in to write good music!
I’ve been in bands where they did what I said and it turned out shit, then I became submissive punk rock urchin and that totally pissed me off. I need to hate the people I write music with. I need to be talked down to when I wont shut the fuck up and I need to be listened to when I try to force some pop mentality in there. Heterosexual men are the best for that, that's why all of the best bands have straight male musicians, they don't play games when they write music.
I just wanna be a fucking singer again; I want to be amazed by the people that write the music I put lyrics to. I want to aspire to better or equal them, make me feel like shit for not being as good and allow me to drive toward it. I wanna be primal; I wanna teach and be thought. It’s really silly and it’s the way things should go. I’ve learned and I'm still learning. Now I’m ready to start something properly. I have more time than ever and I still have the drive.

brianoak said:
Cool,we are looking for someone to sing for us at the mo.We are totally driven,like out there driven.We are ideally looking for someone to sing in a kind of Kabinboy/redneck manifesto meets pelican going out with explosions in the sky kind of buzz.
Let me know dude.

man, you've done this before, naming instrumental bands when trying to describe what kind of singer you want.... keep up the good work

heheh,I didnt realise people payed so much attention,Im only nasty when Im drunk,my wife will back that up.
Dude no.7 said:
man, you've done this before, naming instrumental bands when trying to describe what kind of singer you want.... keep up the good work

Hey well brianoak you do seem pretty damn dedicated! if you wanna arrange a jam that's cool. my e mail is [email protected]. I downloaded some redneck manifesto songs and a lot of them just sound like background music! Oh and I don't post lyrics on the boards. I didn't think anybody would reply to this post because i rambled too much in it! and to all you people I do like joni mitchel! Clouds happens to be one of my all time favourite albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back