Vinage Reed/Fan/Suitcase Organ for sale in Dublin (1 Viewer)

hobojojo

Hello,

I'm selling an old suitcase fan organ. its got a fantastic sound, really warm and distinct sound.

How it Works:
You plug it in and hit the on switch on the far right of the keys to start the fan. Then as you press down on the keys it allow air to pass through and the note sounds.

Sound:
The sound of the organ is excellent, probably the best sounding suitcase organ I've played and I've owned a good few. All notes function perfectly.

Physical Condition:
It is a bit dirty but im gonna clean it again before viewing, but keep in mind this is old, probably 1970's as the bulk of suitcases were made then, and so the latches are a bit rusty..... from my research its a 1960's Lorenzo Standard MK1 from italy but cant be sure as the name plate is missing, but i have photos of the MK1 and apart from the missing name plate this is the exact same...
other than that its a very solid durable piece of kit. the outter shell is rock hard and the screw on legs are very sturdy. in fact the legs can be taken off and stored in the keyboard lid for transport.

you can hear an quick mp3 i made of the organ being played here
http://rapidshare.com/files/258491393/organdemo.mp3
just clink the link and then choose free download and itll take asecond of two. its just me running through a few chords and stuff.

Asking for around €180 but open to reasonable offers,
PM me or comment on this thread if ye have any questions

1organ.jpg

227.jpg

333.jpg

421.jpg

5.jpg

oh forgot to say ill be away till August 1st but thought i'd post the ad up anyway and anyone who wants to see it can do so when im back, just contact me and well sort it out

Can't see the photos in work but Im definately interested. If I pm you my work email address could you mail them on to me.

presuming because its all mechanical thats there no jack output?

Hi Stereotypical,

No it doesn't have a jack output, or a volume control or anything like that. just an on/off switch that gets the fan started.

Its much better suited to recording, the bass notes are evil sounding in the warmest kind of way, i love them. iv been placing a condenser under the organ to great effect.

Any other questions please dont hesitate to ask,

Brian

hi,
quick update, got a few pm's earlier and managed to fit in a viewing tomorrow evening before i go on holiday. thought i wouldn't get a chance but as things go ill home friday evening and it suited th guy who pm'd me to visit then too.

to the other people who pm'd me their interest i will let you know if it sells tomorrow or not. i know i previously posted that i was away till the 1st aug but really by fluke something fell through and i will be at home tomorrow night. if it doesnt sell tomorrow then as i said above, anyone whos interested can view after 1st aug when im home from holidays. sorry if this steps on anyones toes

cheers,

brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back