video editing software. (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
I need to put some mini dv's onto dvd but have no knowledge of how/what's involved.
I need to get a dvd burnersome software and some leads from the camera to pc. Anything else I need to know. Any recommendation?

don't know windows movie maker but afaik its a stripped down version of adobe premier/final cut type software.

if it is similar, you should connect the mini DV camcorder to the laptop with a firewire cable, then look for an option in moviemaker to capture from input devices, the connected camera should be listed. then click record onscreen and playback whatever you want to capture from the camera and it should appear on screen and record to a file at the same time

if you haven't got a firewire input you can buy a firewire card in the laptop shop in stephens green for about 20 quid

whats the best movie software for MAc?

For editing you mean?
Well , best is relative .

iMovie comes free with mac , and is easy to use and pretty handy for straightforward stuff .

Final Cut Pro is a great heavy duty, edit suite but is pricey.
The basics are easy to learn and with a bit of guidance and practice you can do some nice work .

A cut down version of FCP , called Final Cut Express is a lot cheaper and pretty full featured for most types of ProAm uses , and a good stepping stone to FCP.

That is my experience anyway -
Disclaimer: Other editing applications are available.

For editing you mean?
Well , best is relative .

iMovie comes free with mac , and is easy to use and pretty handy for straightforward stuff .

Final Cut Pro is a great heavy duty, edit suite but is pricey.
The basics are easy to learn and with a bit of guidance and practice you can do some nice work .

A cut down version of FCP , called Final Cut Express is a lot cheaper and pretty full featured for most types of ProAm uses , and a good stepping stone to FCP.

That is my experience anyway -
Disclaimer: Other editing applications are available.

Some people use Adobe Premiere - but Final Cut Pro is one of THE great pieces of software.

Also - for the record - Ubuntu Studio comes with free video and audio editing software:-
http://ubuntustudio.org/
Haven't used it, but looks interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back