VIC CHESNUTT (SAT DEC 1) Featuring members of Godspeed!YBE & fugazi (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 28
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 6

u:m

U:MACK
Present
VIC CHESNUTT BAND
(Featuring members of Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Thee Silver Mt. Zion Orchestra & Fugazi)
SATURDAY 1 DECEMBER
DOORS 8PM
THE BUTTON FACTORY
TICKETS €20 FROM ROAD RECORDS, CITY DISCS, SOUND CELLAR & ONLINE AT www.tickets.ie/umack
www.myspace.com/vicchesnutt
New album North Star Deserter available now on Constellation

We're really excited to have gotten this show booked, the new album is our favourite so far this year. those unfamiliar with it should check out the myspace site.
Vic's backing band for this show features:
Efrim Menuck (Godspeed You! Black Emperor/Silver Mt Zion)
Thierry Amar (Godspeed You! Black Emperor/Silver Mt Zion)
Jessica Moss (Silver Mt Zion)
Guy Picciotto(Fugazi)
& David Payant

FUCKIN' YES!!!

I can't believe it. This is my favourite album of the year. Absolutely beautiful record. Dense textures.

Unreal line-up.

would have thought tbmc was a bit too big for vic chesnutt, won't stop me from going just thought i'd add that

This was great. Very, very enjoyable (once it got into full swing).

2 thumbs down to whoever decided to leave us all standing outside until 8:45 in the cold (and rain at times). (doors were meant to open at 8).

The button factory is a nice venue, but the organisation there leaves a lot to be desired. Making those who'd booked tickets online wait til everyone else had gone it, was just not on. Fuckers.

Great gig though.

I enjoyed this very much. Like the dude above said; waiting around in the freezing cold beforehand was pretty balls, but the gig made up for it. The highlight for me was probably 'You Are Never Alone', which oddly enough was one of the songs I didn't like that much on 'North Star Deserter'. I think the violinist was the standout member of the band. Guy Piccioto didn't do a whole lot really, but it was swell to see him. Anyone go up and talk to Vic afterwards?

This was a really great gig, enjoyed it so much. I've only become familiar with Vic lately so i've only heard the new album but even with such a great band like that behind him he was still easily the star of the show, what a super prerformer and quite a funny guy too. As said above the violin player deserves a special mention too she was great. I managed to bag the last lp at the merch table and get it signed by Vic too which I was well happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back