VELVET REVOLVER IS HERE!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Has anyone seen the video...so fucking horrible.

Scott released a solo album called 12 bar blues which is actually quite good...more david bowie than david lee roth. Has jazzy..electronic...and lots of styles. Anyone heard it?
STP released a couple of really good records...tiny music is class...I cant believe this shit though.

Beast said:
It get no more arragant then this...

Scott of STP
Slash, Duff and Matt of G&R
Dave from ST

Velver revolver

Exactly what you'd expect

ROCK ROCK ROCK

What are you talking about... then again, I have a life and watching videos isn't quite my thing but... It's a great rock record man. It's not groundbreaking but then again... being an american living in a country where everyone listens to The Frames and calls that 'rock'... its a bit off kilter.

But if you are a Guns and roses fan or a Stone temple Pilots fan... this one pretty good.

And Scott Wielands Solo Album sucked. There is reason it didn't work, Bowie had already done it, and everyone could hear it.

And where does david Lee Roth come into this equation? Scott Wieland doesn't hold a candle to Diamond dave. It's not even the same league. I know Van Halen was never huge in Ireland as they were in the US but come on...

Stone Temple Pilots in the SFX in 1994 was the first gig I ever went to.

Well I grew up listening to STP and I still crack out appetitie in times of emergency so maybe I'll give it spin. Just the video was a bit hollywood for my tastes. Shiny pance and all. Glad to hear you have to much of a life to be watching videos...hows it going for you?

Of course the frames are rock. Or alternative rock or whatever...they're hardly fucking techno are they?I know american tastes are a bit heavier generally but surely you're not saying it has to be heavy to be rock? Rock only even started to get heavy in the late 60's.

As for Scott weilands solo album..which bowie album does it sound like? Personally I just like his vocals on the record. Especially tracks like divider. Doesnt really sound like bowie to me. If you're saying itcant have be done before to be good what does that make Velvet revolver or even STP, I mean they're hardly ground breaking !

Sounds to me like you didnt like 12 bar blues cos you just like you're rock with a capital R. Fair enough.

I was talking the piss with david lee roth..just the way the video was real LA and rock. As I though most people on thumped would consider Van Halen a joke. You dont...which is grand... but I think you're on the wrong page.

Your'e looking for www.cockrock.com where you can talk about what type of spandex you like.

I was at STP 94 too ! Met Rob Deleo before the gig. Whats the story with the SFX these days seems to be abandoned?

Beast said:
What are you talking about... then again, I have a life and watching videos isn't quite my thing but... It's a great rock record man. It's not groundbreaking but then again... being an american living in a country where everyone listens to The Frames and calls that 'rock'... its a bit off kilter.

But if you are a Guns and roses fan or a Stone temple Pilots fan... this one pretty good.

And Scott Wielands Solo Album sucked. There is reason it didn't work, Bowie had already done it, and everyone could hear it.

And where does david Lee Roth come into this equation? Scott Wieland doesn't hold a candle to Diamond dave. It's not even the same league. I know Van Halen was never huge in Ireland as they were in the US but come on...

Fair dues on Van Halen... it's an american thing.

But I'd have seen the poor frames in three countries now and they are one step north easy listening. Now, I am have nothing against the frames musically but having everyone say that the frames are the BEST rock band in ireland... it's a bit retarded.

I am actually not the very big fan of rock... only of certain artists. But then again... I am listening to Charlie Mingus right now and having a good ol' time.

Still Doesn't Change the fact that VelveT Revolver is Class. And a lot better then The Last STP album or Anything Slash or Duff have done in years.

And yes... I did see the video this past weekend. You peeked my interest.

I cannot defend that.... it was a piece of shit.

mangler said:
-> Up yours, foreigner <-
You just lost all value in your own statement mangler...

I am not alone here. Many people are saying it now. All around the country. The Frames are loosing their edge.

Popular music is changing in Ireland, the face of what was popular before is falling to the wayside.

There are Bands like Rest, The waiting Room, The Marshall Stars, Rulers of the Planet, Stanley super 800, that make the poor Frames look like old tired hippes.
It's just part of the new way.

And I still like the Frames... But there are more exciting Irish Bands out there.
The Tycho Brahe are more exciting.

So before you go slamming this american with nothing better then " Up yours, Foreigner" (a statement which really does devalue your this forum... if not the entire website.) Remember where you are writing and who is reading. I don't think Glen would even say... 'up your's foreigner'.

I have an opinion and that opinion, whether valid or not, is still able to be posted. And should be respected without fear or racial or nationist remarks. It's just a music page, man, not the Manchester United Game.

Tolerance....

velvet revolver = major yawn

The Frames never had an edge to lose to begin with, they always were dead boring, good musicians but just little or no original ideas and as for glens interminable between-sing banter, the less said about that the better

STP's album Purple is really good. I actually bought it second hand in Freebird (on tape!). Heard one song from the Velvet Revolver (worst name ever) album and it didn't seemm that special. But hey, the 5th member guy used to be in Suicidal Tendancies so they can't be all bad.

Up yours foreigner??.....dont think that was serious.

Maybe I just look at STP through rose tinted glasses cos I was a big fan when I was about 15. This just like macho cock rock bullshit in comparison.

Purple and tiny Music by STP still sound good to me.

Velvet revolver sounds rotten.

Suicidal tendencies...I was wondering who that bloke was.

Ha - sorry Chris - I was only taking the piss - I am sorry if I offended you, blah blah blah. But you did call everyone retarded, which wasn't nice either. You think you can come into our country and call us names...

...sorry that was meant to be a joke too, but I'm gonna say it, to be clear

->JOKE POST<-

ps. This is not the kinda site where you've gotta argue that the Frames are shit - everyone realised that back in 19 diggidy 6
pps. I play guitar in Rest (you mentioned us above)

So, no hard feelings?

Sorry for generalizing that EVERYONE loves THE FRAMES...

As I can have found out today... others besides me agree that they are not the 'end all be all' in irish Rock.

In being retarded, I would never assume everyone is retarded or use the term in such a way that can be misinterpreted. Retardation is a serious ailment and a medical condition we should all respect.

In some ways I think we admire those with mental disability. The way we hover into pubs and drink ourselves into incapacity.

We should all take a moment to look at the things we say and how they effect others...

Velvet Revolver still rocks.

(At this point this posting has lost all effectiveness)

We probably hurt many people today with our comments and for that...
I am very sorry

Anthony said:
STP's album Purple is really good. I actually bought it second hand in Freebird (on tape!). Heard one song from the Velvet Revolver (worst name ever) album and it didn't seemm that special. But hey, the 5th member guy used to be in Suicidal Tendancies so they can't be all bad.
But more important than that,was Duff not in the Fartz? And Ten Minute Warning(album sucked but early songs on comps ruled)And somebody from G'n'R was in the Fastbacks.
The one song i heard by Velvet Revolver was rubbish. But then I never liked G'n'R or STP so nobody cares what I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back