veggie gravy (1 Viewer)

make a roux and then slowly add vegetable stock until it's the right consistency, then add minced garlic (and mushrooms, then puree it all if you want...it's tasty without the mushrooms too though)
i've been doing that and adding 'gravy browning' to make it look proper gravy colour

n5701020127733_MED.jpg

it came from denmark though

http://www.yellowman.dk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4970&language=en

It looks like barf but it's my favourite favourite thing to have with mash and Linda McCartneys... Comes from Vegan With a Vengeance. If you're the type to have yeast flakes, mustard seeds, a shitload of herbs and spices and a tin of chick peas in your cupboard at any given time, then this is the gravy of your dreams. Fuck, I haven't had it in ages. Thanks for jogging my memory. I'm having this tomorrow! x

http://orthovegan.blogspot.com/2008/09/punk-rock-chickpea-gravy-from-vegan.html

Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy
makes about 3 cups

1/4 C all purpose flour
Approximately 2 1/2 C water
1 Tbs olive oil
1 medium sized onion, quartered and sliced thin
2 tsp mustard seeds
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 C cooked chickpeas, or 1 can, rinsed and drained
2 pinches ground cumin
2 pinches paprika
1 pinch dried rosemary
1 pinch dried thyme
1 pinch dried oregano
1 pinch dried coriander
3 Tbs soy sauce
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 C nutritional yeast

Mix the flour with 2 cups of water until the flour is mostly dissolved. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onions and mustard seeds; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are browned and the mustard seeds are toasted. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes more. Add the chickpeas; use a potato masher to mash them -- you don't want to mash them into a paste, just make sure each one is broken up although if there are a few whole ones left, that is ok. Add the herbs and spices, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits of onion. Lower heat and pour the flour mixture into the pan. Stir constantly until a thick gravy forms. Stir in the nutritional yeast. If it looks too thick and pasty, add more water and mix well. It may look like it doesn't want any more water added to it, but just keep mixing and it will loosen up. Keep warm until ready to serve.

Veggies aren't allowed gravy. You made your decision, now you have to suffer the consequences. NO GRAVY. When I decided to stop taking drugs I had to live without Drugs now if I don't get drugs you lot can't have Gravy. That sounds fair to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back