Valentine's Day (3 Viewers)

maims bond

:heart:

Is anyone bothered with this any more? I play soccer on Thursdays and there are guys who are gonna miss it cause of this. I mean, where are their priorities?

woman-talking-to-client.jpg

"I'm going to be so upset if you don't take me out on Valentines day"

man%20with%20phone.jpg

"Whats this hunny, you're a gee bag??"

Yeah, prepare to see men running around town like lunatics grabbing any box of chocolates or bunch of flowers they can find. There is no choice though. Ignore it at your peril.

Does anyone actually look *forward* to Valentine's Day? I mean, like the way you would for a birthday or christmas? It seems pretty rare that both members of a couple are equally excited about it, so if anyone is 'looking forward to it' it's more anticipation crossed with anxiety that the other person is going to forget.

But all that aside, anyone who expects another person to pay 120 quid for a dozen roses just because it's Valentine's day, and then anyone who actually *does* this deserves whatever misery they get. 99.9% of the population would rather surprise someone with/be surprised by flowers on any other day of the year.

Oh I don't know. There's nothing good about getting ripped off on flowers, cards and shitty restaurants. It is nice to take the opportunity to make an effort with each other. My girlfriend and I celebrated the day last Saturday. I cooked a nice meal and we drank champagne. What's wrong with that?

The only real suckers on Valentines day are the fella who think there girlfriends don't care about valentines "oh we're mega modern and liberal, we don't go in for that hallmark junk" "we don't need a special day to be romantic, I can buy her flowers any day (he never does)" etc, etc, etc...

5 months later when she loses her shit at you leaving your Radiohead t-shirt on the floor Sopranos boxet DVDs out all over the coffee table what she means is "you could've sprung for flowers you lousy shitting prick!"

im looking forward to it this year.
im going to go out for a meal by myself, get pissed, convince myself to come back to my place and then take advantage of myself.
....................actually, thats really just most Fridays.

im looking forward to it this year.
im going to go out for a meal by myself, get pissed, convince myself to come back to my place and then take advantage of myself.
....................actually, thats really just most Fridays.
This year you get to do it on a Thursday though.

Valentine's Day is no longer a day where the purpose is (not sure if it ever was) to make someone feel good. It's now all about just making sure the other person doesn't feel like shit. I know it sounds the same but it's not. I loathe the fake holiday. I would rather give someone a kick to the shins than a valentine's gift.

hey guyz,
can anyone recommend some really nice love songs for a valentines days homemade mixtape? something that'll really get the juices flowin.

thanks,

thoughtful boyfriend.

2 Live Crew - Pop That Pussy
2 Live Crew - A Fuck Is A Fuck
R.Kelly - Fucking You Tonight
Slayer - Crypts Of Eternity
Smiths - Suffer Little Children

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back