vagrancy act, cleaning up the streets for the EU presidency (1 Viewer)

nooleen

bad ape
Solutions
75 people were arrested for being homeless between harcourt street and parnell street LAST WEEK, the gardai swinging into action to make dublin more picturesque for visiting EU dignitaries next year. i don't have time before my next lecture to find the exact wording of the act but here's a good site about pointless laws and civil liberties etc.

http://www.iccl.ie/criminalj/order/billcomment.html

nooly said:
75 people were arrested for being homeless between harcourt street and parnell street LAST WEEK, the gardai swinging into action to make dublin more picturesque for visiting EU dignitaries next year.
Have you a source for the story. This sort of thing has become standard practice for pre-summit/convention etc. preparations in most countries. Not just targetting the homeless but flushing funds into improving the look of the routes that dignitaries wil travel along. (in a way you cant blame the dignitaries for not seing it when their movements are planned and controlled) If it can be studied and substantiated it may be an interesting proposal to push the European parliment or our MEP's on.

http://www.europarl.eu.int/petition/help_en.htm

http://www4.europarl.eu.int/registre/portail/CourrierCitoyen.cfm?langue=EN

I is John said:
woo, scary black writing

SAAATTAANNNN!!!!
well now i just look stupid. i should have known better than to go up against pete.
someone delete my two posts

I is John said:
well now i just look stupid. i should have known better than to go up against pete.
yeh right.. and then watch the ensuing debate over my abuse of power - it's a trap!

I is John said:
people just never learn, do they?

from what i have heard the big meetings of anyone with real say are going to be held in brussels for security reasons - it wont be like other events previously.

still you oculd always go to brussels i suppose....

there's a meeting in march and june and the enlargement "party" on may 1st..

Loads of security around dublin castle today, first person to pull down the Eu flags they have all along the liffey gets a prize.

B for the Spree said:
mm, good question.
are you alluding to the idea that the FPP electoral system is regarded as less democratic than the PR-STV system we have and that coupled with no written constitution makes broad policy decisions such as EU policy decisions undemocratic - in the UK that is.

would anyone like an open debate on the EU?
riot-police.jpg

there is no room for open debate.

broken arm said:
are you alluding to the idea that the FPP electoral system is regarded as less democratic than the PR-STV system we have and that coupled with no written constitution makes broad policy decisions such as EU policy decisions undemocratic - in the UK that is.
i have no idea what the FPP or PR-STV means.

no, i was just being silly. taking the piss. no one wants to debate the EU on a board about music. they just want to posture.
'would anyone like an open debate on the EU' just looks so funny that I couldn't resist. im a bit of a prick like that.

weeler- that's the cheesiest thing i've ever seen on a messageboard, ever.
well done.

FPP = first past *the* post

PR = proportional representation

STV = Single Transferable Vote
correct me if i'm wrong..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back