V (1 Viewer)

Diana was one foxy lizard

jane-badler-002.jpg

It's actually deadly. Kind of amazing how fast things move these days, compared to the two miniseries and the tv show. I guess when you cut out the laser battles and space ship dog fights you gotta go with a story.

Some of it is really hammy, but I expecte to hate it and didnt. You all know how much I hate everything. Could have kept the amazing title music. Fuck that lost shit.

I enjoyed the first episode a lot, will definitely keep watching. I never saw the original V, so I've nothing to compare it to, but I'm a bit of a sci-fi geek, so I'm liking it.

just read about this today. never saw the original but will check this out. all the usual bullshit in the states about what it's all a metaphor for (obama). can't fucking yanks watch a sci-fi show just for spaceships and hot women ffs?

watched the pilot last night, downloaded and watched it not knowing it was on tv3 at the same time. anyways, i liked it. good effects, lots of hotties, minimum cheese factor. reminds me a lot of battlestar in terms of production and overall "feel". wish the show finished a year ago so i could download the entire thing and watch it in one go.

the orignal is pretty varied - the first 2 mini series are brilliant, but the actual tv series is a
bit patchy, s'good fun but i'm in no rush to finish watching all 20 odd episodes of it. i think
they're only showing 4 episodes of the new series now and then the rest after xmas, which
is a pain in the fuck.

i really like the new visitors already among us taking positions of power angle / pre-made
resistance / 'red columnists ' they're giving it.

it's ok, enough that i'll watch again, but overall thought it was kinda boring, and too quick with the reveals. why does modern sci-fi always paint aliens in boring pastel hues too? the old red jumpsuits were way cooler.

starting to find the recycling of character actors in all these new US shows melting my head too (esp. flash forward, that's mental)

moves WAY too fast.

the appearance of Mini Series Guy as the priest does not bode well. actually that's not fair, he's only been in a couple of ropey tv things..

they said the early reveal was done as they reckoned too many people knew the story from the original and want different fresh reveals later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back