using pedals with synths/keys? (1 Viewer)

sealed human

I posted this question onto the Guitar section there in September, to no avail :mad: and I cant take it any longer, have to buy some music gear!

I'm looking to buy some guitar pedals to use with a Korg MS2000 synth, already hook up a bass overdrive and EQ pedal into it, which beefs it up no end but want to look at other types of pedals too.

I'm looking at a Boss Space Echo RE-20 pedal and maybe some sort of delay, any tips/guesses on what else could work well with it from this esteemed board's vast musical knowledge?

I saw your post on the Guitar forum and the question is too subjective to answer.
The only answer is to experiment.

Do you really want the answer of "If you press this button it will go; meeeeeeeeeaaaaaaauuuuuuooooooo, and if you turn this dial it will go a bit meauhmeauhmeauhmeauhmeauh."

I think not.

if you spend some time getting intimate with your synth, you could save yourself some money? you have an infinite number of possibilities for tuning your sound without fancy pedals. they're for lazy guitarists.

No I dont fully agree there, I've had it for 4 years, and know its limitations by now... also I've seen the difference distortion makes to sounds on mine through a pedal (the distortion switch on the unit is laughably worse) and a bandmate uses an Ibanez analog delay into a Moog which offers some insane sounds you'd never get normally. So pedals are the way to go, to a certain extent!

I'll have to beg a few off mates I suppose, just wanted to see if anyone had hit upon a pedal already that works well with synth signals

No I dont fully agree there, I've had it for 4 years, and know its limitations by now... also I've seen the difference distortion makes to sounds on mine through a pedal (the distortion switch on the unit is laughably worse) and a bandmate uses an Ibanez analog delay into a Moog which offers some insane sounds you'd never get normally. So pedals are the way to go, to a certain extent!

I'll have to beg a few off mates I suppose, just wanted to see if anyone had hit upon a pedal already that works well with synth signals

each different pedal, at different settings will produce a different sound. Whether you like that sound or not is highly subjective.
But definitely-distortion, delay, reverb and phaser pedals are worth looking at to expand your sonic palette.
If you go for tried and tested guitar pedals you can't really go wrong.
Rats, Phase 90, Holy grail reverb etc etc.

some fuzz pedals can be nice on synths for some odd distortion sounds. Also the Line 6 Delay pedals are cool for making cool noises, loops and drones with synths. Most effects built in to synths sound shit so pedals are definately the way to go!

Thisgreg picked up a Bit Mangler recently which sounds fucking mental. I'm sure he'll tell you about it if you ask him nicely :)

jomox t-resonator

filters, chorus, reverb, 2 delays, feedback loops, FM feedback...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bit Mangler eh? That sounds like a good lead...

I might be able to get my hands on a Line 6 delay alright so I'll give that a go before buying any pedals

Although given the massive choice of pedals to try out I'm not deciding on that soon, so I went on eBay last night to blow some money on...this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A sweet circuit bended custom synth, €105 incl postage!

See if you can track down an Alesis Bitrman. You should get one pretty cheap.

Oh, and a lot of the more expensive delay pedals can be a waste of money depending on the keyboard sound you use.
If you're using fairly noisy sounds you're better off going for a straight digital delay imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back