Up (2 Viewers)

Really? I distinctly remember thinking at the time that it was so predictable. Still though, good film.

Yeah, that's what I call "The Cheers Joke".
A statement is made about a character when they are not present. Immediately said character arrives and makes a statement that strongly contradicts what has been said about them. Hilarity ensues.

It on a level with the "There's no *way* I'm gonna..." joke.
A character states vehemently that there's no way they are going to partake in (insert activity here). An immediate cut sees them doing the said activity. Again, hilarity ensues.

the marriage montage from "UP".
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Finally watched this the other day. Sublime stuff. The depth of characterisation that they wring from the visuals is just amazing. The opening section is wonderful obviously, and the stuff with the dogs consistently had me in absolute hysterics. A simple idea executed to absolute perfec-SQUIRREL!

An all silent movie would be superb, but I have a feeling it won't happen. They have two audiences really, and the one that wants an all silent film probably isn't big enough to justify the resources necessary. Plus there's still something satisfying about pushing very hard at the boundaries while still having to work within the confines of children's/popular cinema.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back