Up beyond Bohernabreena (1 Viewer)

Moods For Mallards

It's real nice up there. One of the less talked-about gems for spending a few hours at a weekend, going for walk, etc. The heather makes it seem slightly unreal, and it's just beautifully open.
I went for a stroll there on Sunday, and although I'm from reasonably nearby and have driven up there many times, it was one of the moments where you realise that people aren't completely wasting their time by coming to Ireland for a holiday.

I want to go up there this weekend coincidentally enough, having spent Saturday and Sunday out in Bray I realised that I don't see enough of my own country!Hurray for Ireland- it's bleedin lovely.

Up by the reservoir? I used to play gaelic football for St Anne's in Bohernabreena and did a fair bit of messing up there. Beautiful spot.

It's real nice up there. One of the less talked-about gems for spending a few hours at a weekend, going for walk, etc. The heather makes it seem slightly unreal, and it's just beautifully open.

Up by the reservoir? I used to play gaelic football for St Anne's in Bohernabreena and did a fair bit of messing up there. Beautiful spot.

Up beyond Anne's, yeah, past the cemetery.
There's some kind of mast on a hill, and a path that seems to go all the way there for a long distance. It's the perfect path for the cover of an album called "The Road Home" by Tommy Flemming or similar.

Up beyond Anne's, yeah, past the cemetery.
There's some kind of mast on a hill, and a path that seems to go all the way there for a long distance. It's the perfect path for the cover of an album called "The Road Home" by Tommy Flemming or similar.

Kippure mast. Thats miles past Bohernabreena. Where Vinnie is talking about it nicer - down by Glenasmole (turn right at the top of the hill past the graveyard instead of going straight on). That whole area is deadly. And to think its so near to a kip like Tallaght.

The wicklow mountains rule!

Kippure mast. Thats miles past Bohernabreena. Where Vinnie is talking about it nicer - down by Glenasmole (turn right at the top of the hill past the graveyard instead of going straight on). That whole area is deadly. And to think its so near to a kip like Tallaght.

The wicklow mountains rule!

It doesn't matter, it's past Bohernabreena. That's how I'd tell someone to get there.

Also, that's the Dublin mountains, no? Which join up with the Wicklow mountains. But it's all hills, I suppose.

no, you go from Dublin to Wicklow around the Noel Lemass monument. Thats a few miles before Kippure.

Really? Political geography is a great mystery to me sometimes. To me, the world is an oxbow lake in which we are all tadpoles.

Anyway, a nice neck of the woods. All you faraway Thumped northsiders who think you've seen it all with your Howth Heads and your roads to Belfast - think again.

The fuckin monumental failure of a bus route that is the 49/a was a significant factor in my decision to move out of home so young.

You'd spend an hour waiting for a bus that then took an hour (of getting shouted at and having things thrown at you) to get anywhere. Stress factor a million.

The fuckin monumental failure of a bus route that is the 49/a was a significant factor in my decision to move out of home so young.

You'd spend an hour waiting for a bus that then took an hour (of getting shouted at and having things thrown at you) to get anywhere. Stress factor a million.

It's a rubbish bus. 4 15s for every 49 was around about the ratio at Templeogue Bridge.

Yup. The post-Mortens poshos had way more buses to choose from. I used to get on a 15b out of town in the hope of catching a 75 in Knocklyon. Can you imagine? A 75! That's the fucking real ghostbus right there, and it was more reliable than the 49.

Hey gang, Really interesting conversation about bus routes over here! EVERYBODY'S WELCOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back