Ultra Vivid Scene (1 Viewer)

They're in 4AD also-ran heaven now..

there is such a thing right????

Insides; That Dog; Psychotic Tanks; The Jam Weller; Spoonfed Hybrid; Starry Smooth Hound; Spirea X; Loggins and Messina; Heidi Berry............

yeah, ivo signed some dodgy bands over the years. you should check out all the reissues of stuff like xymox, xmal deutschland, dif juz etc. coteaus remasters were deadly and they have blonde redhead now. 4ad is cool!!!!!!!!!

chickenham said:
They're in 4AD also-ran heaven now..

there is such a thing right????

Insides; That Dog; Psychotic Tanks; The Jam Weller; Spoonfed Hybrid; Starry Smooth Hound; Spirea X; Loggins and Messina; Heidi Berry............

ramps said:
yeah, ivo signed some dodgy bands over the years. you should check out all the reissues of stuff like xymox, xmal deutschland, dif juz etc. coteaus remasters were deadly and they have blonde redhead now. 4ad is cool!!!!!!!!!
sshhhhhhh, he hates BR. lonely is an eyesore. big up that record. yeah.

Hag, cover your ears!

Blonde Redhead should be begging to shine the shoes of Dif Juz for free.
Buy DNA on DNA and understand the scale of the insult of the name blag.
I've said it before but
BRH are to DNA as Starsailor are to Tim Buckley

it is a deadly record. i have a lovely vinyl box set version of it. it folds out like!!!!!!!!!!!!

hag said:
sshhhhhhh, he hates BR. lonely is an eyesore. big up that record. yeah.

here, im playing them in the background. can you hear? its quite loud.

chickenham said:
Hag, cover your ears!

I've said it before but

A mate of mine who lives abroad was home for a week a few years ago and he rang me up and said he had free tickets for Ocean Colour Scene and did I want to come. I said "What the fuck are you talking about? Why would I want to go to that?". I went anyway, just to humour him, and halfway through the penny drops and he turns round to me and says "Oh yeah. I was getting them mixed up with Ultra Vivid Scene. Sorry about this .... ".

chickenham said:
Hag, cover your ears!

I've said it before but
that's a pretty smart thing to say but it's not true. they've never made any bones about liking DNA (ha! they wouldn't bloody want to says you! ha!) and i know a good bit of dna and lots of BR and i think you're being a bit reactionary. but hey, everyone's allowed their day on the ignorant pile. is today yours? these are all just statements of half thruths and demi-questions by the way.

ramps said:
it is a deadly record. i have a lovely vinyl box set version of it. it folds out like!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have the devil's jukebox (nothing short of total war) on 7"s in a box set. no one can touch me.

photon said:
Or as Cocteau Twins are to Simple Minds?

Wait, that doesn't work at all.

Paul
don't give up... i think both comparisons are worthy of almost the same merrit. i think d must have written a song recently and then heard BR do the same song better and now BR are like death. it's amazing how the innocent are condemned sometimes.

ramps said:
ah jaysis lads. its only music.
only music????? if i leave a legacy, anywhere, even in the toilet bowl... i hope it smacks of "music? it's just music? music isn't just music, it's about the expansions of our understanding and expression as human beings." 'just music' makes no sense to me. like saying it's 'just magic'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back