ugh, just saw a big fat slug. (1 Viewer)

rampz

havent seen one all year. i thought they'd died out. god i hate them.

I like the slugs.

Ian%20Towle%20-%20slug.jpg

I think they're cool.

Going to have to find a way to get them off me future veg patch without hurting them. Or the little snailingtons. Bless 'em.

yeah slugs are grand but its hard to pick them up and put them out. i found a snail on the bathroom door yesterday and i put it outside but even with the shell on it it was hard to pick off the door - i was afraid i'd crack the shell. i hate accidentally stepping on snails.

the faaather goes around shaking salt and/or boiling water on slugs and snails incase they'd fuck with his garden. apparently snail gel is wildly popular with anti-aging skin nerds.

moths are getting on my nerves - the house is over run with them

Ever stand on a snail?
I always feel bad when I do it by accident. I hear a 'crack' and a 'smush' and I know I've ended some snail's life. Sniff.

I always feel guilty when i do that. I think 'I bet that snail was just nipping out to get something nice for his wife and children.'

no, I think its more the snail gel makers want it to be popular.
but it isn't.

Do you know anything about skin products based on medicinal honey? People with dry/damaged skin claim it works wonders, i was gonna get a small amount to sample online.

Do you know anything about skin products based on medicinal honey? People with dry/damaged skin claim it works wonders, i was gonna get a small amount to sample online.

yeah honey is antiseptic and has the ability to make skin supple and moisturised. You can use it on its own for a face mask, or mix with milk and slap it on for 10-15 mins a couple of times a week. If you do have really sensitive skin then probably going down the organic route is best anyway - I think a lot of skin sensitivity is actually caused by perfumes and additives like peservatives in skincare in the first instance. So that means not buying topical skincare in boots and spending a bit more cash for targeted products. La Roche Posay isn't organic but it's brilliant for rosacea, eczema and really damaged skin, Lavera is a mid price organic range that's great for sensitive skins and then there are a ton more really good ones too.

Cool thanks, i'll look those up.

The rebound effects i've experienced in the past from steroid products has been nasty.

The rebound effects i've experienced in the past from steroid products has been nasty.

They are terrible. Your skin becomes addicted to them or something so as soon as you stop using them your skin breaks out again... and they thin the skin, which isn't something you want.

Don't know if you'd be willing to give it a try but I went to the Chinese herbal place at the top of Grafton Street and got stuff to take as well as creams and herbs to boil up and use in the bath. None of it stunk as badly as neem does and it did a great job in just a couple of weeks. Not cheap, but I'd do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back