Two One (1 Viewer)

quotes

nad I'm sure I heard Ferguson on 5 Live saying something along the lines of
"It's those fucking idiot Neville Brothers that keep fucking things up for me. I blame that naff cunt who's working the Ferrero Rocher".

As in, what do Beckham and Ferrero Rocher have in common?
They both come in a fake posh box.

Man Utd. are scum (what with all the winnig and liking and all) but Liverpool are worse because they play the most unimaginative football possible.

Originally posted by Winty
Man Utd. are scum (what with all the winnig and liking and all) but Liverpool are worse because they play the most unimaginative football possible.

Hear hear. Although I don't mind United so much these days, now that they've stopped the winning everything lark and got that hilarious Ali G lad on board.

why ?

they play some good football, thats appealing to the eye...why hate somebody for being good at something...it baffles me.

That applies to any team...why call a 'team' scum ? have the players done anything to you.

whats the problem with admitting that man utd. or arsenal or liverpool play some decent football sometimes ?

it gets a bit monotanous hearing all this kind of bullshit after a while.

it's a game people..

I don`t think any of the Man. U players are scum. But as a team.......
They have dominated English football for about a decade and so I and many people take great glee in their losing - the under-dog and all. Also their success generated extreme popularity so it became a bit like Man. U versus the rest. If they`re the only British team in the Champions League I generally support them though. They do play (or have played) quit good exciting `ball and are always good to watch - I don`t deny it.
Liverpool on the other hand play conservative, dull football where achieving results is the be all and end all and so I don`t want them to achieve any results.

Originally posted by P. Littbarski
why ?

they play some good football, thats appealing to the eye...why hate somebody for being good at something...it baffles me.

That applies to any team...why call a 'team' scum ? have the players done anything to you.

whats the problem with admitting that man utd. or arsenal or liverpool play some decent football sometimes ?

it gets a bit monotanous hearing all this kind of bullshit after a while.

it's a game people..

At a guessI would imagine people hate Man Utd because of

- their manager who cannot take a beating
- the arrogance of their fans

When I was a young lad Liverpool were just as successful as United were now but did not inspire the same levels of hate.

I was recently out with two of my friends [both Notts Forest supporters, me Man City] and we got talking to a group of young lads [late teens] who were Man Utd fans.

They asked us who we supported and poured scorn on our responses.

Our justification was that:
when you're a kid you tend to pick a team who is successful and stick with your choice no matter what. As the three of us are all 30/31 I picked City because they came runners-up to Liverpool in Division 1 in 1977, my friends going for Forest because of their League/European Cup success of the same era.

I'm sorry to say that I have experienced such an attitude on other occasions from Man Utd fans

Re: quotes

Originally posted by madouva
nad I'm sure I heard Ferguson on 5 Live saying something along the lines of
"It's those fucking idiot Neville Brothers that keep fucking things up for me. I blame that naff cunt who's working the Ferrero Rocher".

SIZE]

The phrase "played a Neville" and "Neville-ish" shall be added to the football dictionary in 2003, with with reference to a person of retarded football ability.

And just because Liverpool had a shit game does not mean that United were class...they were in fact shit...poxy shits to be exact...can someone please stand over the quality of the first goal...skillful pensive build-up with clever passing culminating in a cracking finish...eh...no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back