Twisted Robot presents: ERASE ERRATA / BETAMAX FORMAT / CAP PAS CAP -Thur 19th Oct (1 Viewer)

ERASE ERRATA

dear women and men of dublin,

where the fuck was everyone last night?

i'm really surprised, annoyed and frustrated at the really, reaLLY crap turnout and total lack of enthusiasm,
how can an amazingly talented, intelligent band playing fucking excellent music and expressing impressive political ideals just play in our fine town, almost unnoticed, and not get the appreciation and support they really should have received?

if you can, go and see them in cork,
to the women, appreciate this fine band and when you can, support other women in music

i missed cap pas cap last night but they were superb in belfast, betamax format were pretty damn good too

Re: ERASE ERRATA

dear women and men of dublin,

where the fuck was everyone last night?

i'm really surprised, annoyed and frustrated at the really, reaLLY crap turnout and total lack of enthusiasm,
how can an amazingly talented, intelligent band playing fucking excellent music and expressing impressive political ideals just play in our fine town, almost unnoticed, and not get the appreciation and support they really should have received?

if you can, go and see them in cork,
to the women, appreciate this fine band and when you can, support other women in music

i missed cap pas cap last night but they were superb in belfast, betamax format were pretty damn good too

what you said and more...where was everyone? it was a really weird crowd and i was surprised that there weren't more heads there. it seemed like people were there more for the support bands rather than EE. Hopefully they will return to our fine shores one day and people will come out and support them.
in fairness, was there much advertising for this gig?

Re: Twisted Robot presents: ERASE ERRATA / BETAMAX FORMAT / CAP PAS CAP -Thur 19th Oc

i'm really surprised, annoyed and frustrated at the really, reaLLY crap turnout and total lack of enthusiasm

the place was pretty empty at the start, but there was a decent crowd by the end. there was lots on last night. still strange that numbers was crammed a few months ago and this wasn't.

the cap'pers were great. love all the extra keyboards in the songs. betamax were as fun as ever.

i really enjoyed erase errata, but i think they missed their guitarist. last time i saw them, jenny was giving it way more on vocals. savage set all the same.

Re: Twisted Robot presents: ERASE ERRATA / BETAMAX FORMAT / CAP PAS CAP -Thur 19th Oc

twisted robot never seem to have any success with promotion (as anyone who was at TITS would know).
yeah.expecting that everyone will know a gig is on just because it's on the internet doesn't work .there's these things called "posters".try them some time.Likewise whoever was putting on paperrad last night, a bit of advance notice woulda been nice.

paperrad weren't really beign "put on" - it was the opening night of their exhibition
you can still go and see it

yeah.expecting that everyone will know a gig is on just because it's on the internet doesn't work .there's these things called "posters".try them some time.Likewise whoever was putting on paperrad last night, a bit of advance notice woulda been nice.

was that the issue or were people just not bothered coming out? what else was on last night that was more important than EE :confused:

i think you over estimate the "importance" of erase errata
saw em before, they were alright

i think you over estimate the "importance" of erase errata
saw em before, they were alright

never! it's just strange that there's this thing about there not being enough good (or allright to you) all girl bands playing dublin and when one comes along for their first ever gig here, there's shit support for them AND their set gets cut short coz there's not enough time for them to play?!

i couldn't care less if they have an ewok on bass
that's pretty bogey about the DJs cutting them short though

Re: Twisted Robot presents: ERASE ERRATA

i was a bit disappointed by erase errata last night, hadn't seen em before and i do like the recordings. missed both supports.

necrophagist tonight.

:eek:

i'm sure the cutting short of EEs set was more to do with the sound enginer getting paid to work to a certain time and no later.

i have seen EE a few times before and last night was by far the worst. the first time i saw em the album was just out and they sounded live exactly like the sounded on record and it blew me away, just sounded half assed last night, i know they are down a guitarist but the new stuff did'nt even sound great, and where was the fucking trumpet!

support act times

I thought EE were great
support bands maybe shouldn't have been let play for so long,
Not that they were bad or anything, but what's the point in having
suppourt bands play for longer than the advertised 'main act'.
did everyone play within their alloted time?
Is 3 or 4 max average length songs for a local support act not fair enough?, especially if there is time constraints. It's better for the bands too especially if they play a lot and run the risk of over-exposure.

I really enjoyed EE last night. Hadn't seen them before and don't really know their stuff but the Drummer and the Bass player were realy good. In fairness EE did take a long time to get on stage, I said it to one of me mates, I said "they're talking a long time to get on stage" and then i said "they should hurry up or they're set'll get cut". Does anyone else want to know any other stuff I said?

I really enjoyed EE last night. Hadn't seen them before and don't really know their stuff but the Drummer and the Bass player were realy good. In fairness EE did take a long time to get on stage, I said it to one of me mates, I said "they're talking a long time to get on stage" and then i said "they should hurry up or they're set'll get cut". Does anyone else want to know any other stuff I said?

yeah, god forbid they have to set their stuff up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back