True North (1 Viewer)

schols in trinity is a pretty big deal. you get on campus housing for the rest of your time, free education for up to 5 years(so a free post grad),free 3 course dinners in commons with all the fellows (comes with a free glass of guiness and prayer in latin at the start) every night, and if you're a foundation scholar (only 80 allowed at once) you actually own a piece of trinity. naturally, i'm sure no one cares.

no_exit said:
schols in trinity is a pretty big deal. you get on campus housing for the rest of your time, free education for up to 5 years(so a free post grad),free 3 course dinners in commons with all the fellows (comes with a free glass of guiness and prayer in latin at the start) every night, and if you're a foundation scholar (only 80 allowed at once) you actually own a piece of trinity. naturally, i'm sure no one cares.

I was actually going to go for that when i was there, until i realised i hated my course, not a shabby deal at all. I got the Entrance Exhibition scholarship award off them in first year which gave me free books from Waterstones, but clever brian realised waterstones and HMV are connected so he contributed to his cd collection instead...ahhh happy days.

That gig last night was excellent! Serpents made Langdon Beck sound like Busted when they went on after that "wall of noise apparently constructed out of lascerating audioscapes and head battering melo-violence!*"

* Taken from NME review of Serpents

I think there's some sort of unholy scholarship in Maynooth where you are allowed do your masters for free but as a result you have to teach in Maynooth for the rest of your life cos they own your soul.
actually, thats not half bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back