Trouble Penetrator in Project (1 Viewer)

it wasn't full by any means last night but it was rainy and people may have been waiting to go until saturday... hmmmmm... i guess it's your call man.

I rang the project there the matinee is cancelled but they said you could get tickets on the door if you arrive 30 minutes early for tonight's 8pm show.
I've only seen TP once before but they were excellent.

yeah this was excellent alright. i wasnt really looking forward to the dancing but after a few minutes i got into that too, never thought i'd enjoy dancing (or whatever it was) so much. the music was excellent too (including the drums - i thought the drummer was good). a wonderful evenings entertainment.

does anyone know what that album of guitar music was that they put on for a few minutes in the second half? i meant to ask but i forgot.

I went last night.

The music was good - but, as ever with TP the intro went on a bit too long, and seemed a little smug, almost.

The RB dance piece was random and fragmented - RB was very unhappy with it, she told me - she didn't know the dancers and wasn't sure how to best use them so she had them improvise to the music using some fixed routines. I found it disappointing and rambling.

The ML dance piece was much better - much more focussed - but again went on too long and veered into cliché too often. A bit Michael Jackson at times.

The lights were great, though. (Aideen bought me a pint so I have to say that - but they were, though.)

I meant to ask Roy what the guitar piece was, but I forgot - it sounded bit like Derek Bailey, but he never played electric - so my money is on Henry Kaiser. Or Keith O'Brien doing a Derek Bailey impression.

So yeah - worth going to - but disappointing in bits.

I went last night.

The music was good - but, as ever with TP the intro went on a bit too long, and seemed a little smug, almost.

The RB dance piece was random and fragmented - RB was very unhappy with it, she told me - she didn't know the dancers and wasn't sure how to best use them so she had them improvise to the music using some fixed routines. I found it disappointing and rambling.

The ML dance piece was much better - much more focussed - but again went on too long and veered into cliché too often. A bit Michael Jackson at times.

The lights were great, though. (Aideen bought me a pint so I have to say that - but they were, though.)

I meant to ask Roy what the guitar piece was, but I forgot - it sounded bit like Derek Bailey, but he never played electric - so my money is on Henry Kaiser. Or Keith O'Brien doing a Derek Bailey impression.

So yeah - worth going to - but disappointing in bits.

Whoa, connected! Quel critique!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back