Trost (Cobra Killer)/ Betamax Format / Party Weirdo @Kennedys Thurs 25th January (1 Viewer)

Betamx format became heavier-Bravoo,
Party Weirdo-crazy as hell-I`ll always love you girls
Trost-hmmm-excelent musicians,they really know how to create the atmosphere,spooky,hypnotizing.The singer?well ,seemed more like a model to me,I expected something more,why to hold a hammer in your hand when you`re not gonna smash anything with that.She got my attention with her first 2 songs,but later just became boring.At least finally saw a girl who drinks more on stage than me ha ha.But in her case it just made the whole show worse.I can imagine how she twisted her ankle ,probably tangled in a mic lead.Be careful there girl:) .

She was using the hammer as a percussion against the mike. Quite effective imo.
More power to her swigging from a bottle of wine & I thought the set got better as it went on but I was mildly annoyed that most people got disinterested and chatted away instead-maybe that's the fault of Trost coming on so late when everyone is all liquer'd up & not in the form for some elegantly wasted blues.

Very good nite all round i thought. I enjoyed all three bands and Trost were brilliant i must pick up some of their tunes. A bit disappointing to see people lose interest and the crowd thin out tho.

Why?`cause she wasn`t able to keep them interested.Still think the music was excellent and I was silent like a mouse.

www.ewagigon.com

In a venue that size it's a basic lack of manners to be chatting loudly three or four feet from the stage. There were about twenty or so people who wanted to hear the music and stayed until the end of her set as far as I could see.
Yeah...I reckon Trost's set was wasted on too many people who came to see Betamax Format & Party Wierdo. Oh well. I don't think it was Trost's fault that she/they failed to engage those people.

She was using the hammer as a percussion against the mike. Quite effective imo.
More power to her swigging from a bottle of wine & I thought the set got better as it went on but I was mildly annoyed that most people got disinterested and chatted away instead-maybe that's the fault of Trost coming on so late when everyone is all liquer'd up & not in the form for some elegantly wasted blues.

Definately something to do with it alright. The stage times ran over an hour late. It was after half one when Trost finished. The doors didn't open til after 10 and I'm sure lots of people were out in some watering hole or other previously.

Any gig I've ever been at in Kennedys the crowd always thins out by the end. This is mostly down to, as someone else said, people going to see the local acts and heading off when it gets late. Not ideal, but I thought there was a nice atmosphere when it had thinned out to just those people who really wanted to see Trost (the last 2 or 3 songs).

I didn't get my BF badge. Yer man on the merch desk/cloakroom on the way out looked mean so I didn't want to ask him could I take one.

She deffo needs a few more english lessons before trying to engage with the banter again.!!

Bye Bye TROST Hello JESSIE EVANS! Ex The Vanishing, SAX, SYNTH, BEATS performer based in Berlin, coming to Kennedys end Feb.
Jessies shows with Autonervous last year have been described as a wild, shimmying extravaganza, a deranged cabaret experience.

jessie_110thA6webfinal.jpg

You also have to contend with a 100% effective punk boycot - since the porco dio "incident" - usually there would have been quite a few of them ...

And I couldn't blame em strictly for the bouncers (who were OK last night) and the beer price rip of...

Meantime MC Fly in flight!

fly.jpg

Nobody, But Nobody can follow a Betamax Support!

(except maybe Rod Stewart)

great night all round - people left due to the fact that it was a school night that went on a bit too long. The 'Weirdo were the best band I've seen anywhere in fucking ages.

wow! i'd forgotten all about happy flowers until the comment above. what a band! happy, happy school days!
they have a myspace. it's great.

wow! i'd forgotten all about happy flowers until the comment above. what a band! happy, happy school days!
they have a myspace. it's great.

Happy Flowers rocked like a mudder!
First band that sprung to mind when I was watching Party Wierdo.

so cool to see everyone appreciating party weirdo.
its a fuck theyre going to berlin but good in that they're going to have more chance to play to bigger crowds..
Bye Bye PW - best band in forever.
sniff, sniff, boo hoo.

betamax format were best ive seen them.
Loved their first song the most I think- and the 2 day old synth one was excellent. Loved the 2 guitars. Darren holding back a bit though..
no rolling eyes into the back of the head for last night's set.

Trost were really good- their sound, their vibe, their image everything. I loved that she used a hammer against the metal bar - eva you're all for accessories in music i thought you would have been more appreciative of this way of making sound.

Shame the glocks werent miked properly - they would have sounded amazing.

I got the Trost cd AND a BF badge.

.|..|
good gig.
yeah very late though - but good to have a venue running so late with live music rather than dj's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back