Trost (Cobra Killer)/ Betamax Format / Party Weirdo @Kennedys Thurs 25th January (1 Viewer)

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
Twisted Robot Presents:

trost_flyer.jpg

TWISTED ROBOT PRESENTS
TROST (COBRA KILLER)
BETAMAX FORMAT
PARTY WEIRDO

KENNEDY’S
30-32 WESTLAND ROW
DUBLIN 2
THURSDAY 25TH JANUARY 2007
9PM – 2AM
10 EURO

Trost
trost.jpg

Annika Line Trost was born in Berlin on May 21, 1977, and grew up in the Spandau district at a fishing site.
She suffered her first bout of lovesickness at the age of two when she saw Kralle Krawinkel, guitarist with the German cult band Trio, on TV. Not so many years later, she began listening to punk rock and learning to play the drums.
She spent her early childhood practicing the hula hoop between green hedges, breathing clean air and watching the ships go by, discovered punk rock at the age of 10 and gave up her piano training for drum lessons. Aged 13, she already played in several Sixties garage bands.
more..

www.myspace.com/trostcity
www.twistedrobot.com

Videos
Trost - In diesen Raum
Trost - Guy le superhero

Other Irish Shows
Friday 26th January - Trost
Pine Lodge - Myrtleville, Cork

Sunday 27th January - Trost
Roisin Dubh, Galway

Excellente. I'll be kept busy this month. rilly, rilly like Cobra Killer. Do you know your favourite Australian trio Devastations have acted as their band in a live set-up?
;-)

that i didn't know..

this is actually a pretty good write up on their sound:

"TROST, Berlin chanteuse Annika Line Trost strays from the electro-punk remit of her German Shock-Schock combo Cobra Killer in favour of a more organic, rockabilly-meets-David-Lynch noir with healthy nods to Nick Cave and the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster on Diazepam.

If you don’t like seedy sixties French pop or foreign films with an eccentric
female protagonist, you may balk at the idea of Trost. Whether she sings in her native German, French or English, Trost provides an aural pick and mix with a few hidden razor blades. The 29 year old Berliner and band will play tracks from both her albums 'and ‘Trost’ and ‘Trust Me'. If you like things a little darker and dirtier then this show is highly recommended."

Nice piece on Trost in current Foggy Notions...

The new record Trust Me is one of me favorite releases of 06....
wonder why its not got distributed here?!

that i didn't know..

this is actually a pretty good write up on their sound:

"TROST, Berlin chanteuse Annika Line Trost strays from the electro-punk remit of her German Shock-Schock combo Cobra Killer in favour of a more organic, rockabilly-meets-David-Lynch noir with healthy nods to Nick Cave and the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster on Diazepam.

If you don’t like seedy sixties French pop or foreign films with an eccentric
female protagonist, you may balk at the idea of Trost. Whether she sings in her native German, French or English, Trost provides an aural pick and mix with a few hidden razor blades. The 29 year old Berliner and band will play tracks from both her albums 'and ‘Trost’ and ‘Trust Me'. If you like things a little darker and dirtier then this show is highly recommended."

I've been intrigued by that write-up since someone handed me a flier last November at the comets on fire gig. I don't know anything about Trost or Cobra Killer but I have to be there, just to see for myself if it lives up to the above.

George, when you know stage times can you post them? I have a work do that night that I have to sneak out of and may miss the first band. I'd like to be there for you lot and Ms.Trost. Ta.

there will be two guitar betamax action at this

our new guitarist is awesome

as far as stage times go..

i think it'll be around 11 for Trost

bout 10.15 for betamax

9.30 for party weirdo

there will be a lot more cool shows coming up this year from the Twisted Robot dudes

there will be two guitar betamax action at this

our new guitarist is awesome

as far as stage times go..

i think it'll be around 11 for Trost

bout 10.15 for betamax

9.30 for party weirdo

there will be a lot more cool shows coming up this year from the Twisted Robot dudes

Yeah I can vouch from the noise coming from the room that they are like on par with the redncks now

this thursday night...

there is a trost song on the cd free with the current issue of foggy notions

this post is taking forever to write with a Wii controller

new betamax line up for this..two guitarists..comets on fire loud

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back