Tremelo pedal suggestions (1 Viewer)

I have a boss tr-2. I used to find it a bit dull. The tremolo was kind of weak. I was thinking of getting a different trem pedal or maybe one of those Robert Keeley modified pedals.

Then I read about this thing called the C4 modification on harmony central. Basically you open up the pedal and remove a small piece from the circuit board. Here's how you do it:

Materials:
(1) Phillips-head screwdriver
(1) Bowl or cup (you don't want to lose any screws)
(1) Pair of small scisors, wire cutters, or nail-clippers.

-Take the battery out of your pedal, and/or unplug it from a wall outlet adapter.

-Unscrew the bottom 4 screws from the pedal, and put them in your cup or bowl.

-Take the bottom panel and plastic covering off underneath that.

-Pull out the circuit board, keeping in mind you will have to pull out at an angle so the 9v adapter box can slide out of its hole with ease.

-The C4 capacitator is in the centre of the circuit board. It looks a bit like a silvery pillow. Take your scissors and gently snip it out and remove it.

-Tape the C4 inside your pedal somewhere so that you don't lose it. (Encase you decide that you hate a good sounding pedal, you can solder it back in.

-Put the circuit board back in, replace the plastic cover, screw the bottom panel back in, and you're done!

It works. The tremolo now seems more intense, more elastic...if you know what I mean. There more life to it.

You can read more here
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Boss/TR-2+Tremolo/10/2

**Apparently this only works in the older model TR-2

No way am I doing that to my tr 2.

I am thinking about getting it keely modded though.
I'd like a boost.
Its a great pedal, but when your in the middle of a great freakout and you hit it, it bottoms out.

No way am I doing that to my tr 2.

I am thinking about getting it keely modded though.
I'd like a boost.
Its a great pedal, but when your in the middle of a great freakout and you hit it, it bottoms out.
swap you my vibratrem?

i want to play subtle tremoloy chords and when i step on the pedal they blurt out.

Cheers but no thanks.
I really like the tremelo, it just needs more boost sometimes.
I really like boss pedals a lot and would prefer to hang onto it.
Plus I've a couple more I want modded too by keeley, so I might just send off a bunch.

I'm fond of my TR2, but I probably wouldn't know a good tremelo fro ma bad one. Jesus, I use it in about a third of our songs I'd say. Bowowowowowowowowowoowowowo.

the keely modded tr-2 is class. makes EVERYTHING about the pedal better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back