Toy Story 3 (1 Viewer)

actwithoutwords

Website
www.likeheartsswelling.com
Saw this for free in the IFI today surrounded by kids. It's absolutely cracking stuff. No drop off in quality from the first two at all, and arguably better than the second one. I occasionally felt it was revisiting themes already explored in TS2, but by the end it had established its own identity. Remarkable really for the third in a trilogy. The opening is lovely, the action bits are superbly paced (and actually quite scary in parts, particularly the climax), the ending is classic Pixar heartstring tugging, and it's very funny. There is one particular 'bit' that's the funniest thing in the whole 3 films, and maybe in any Pixar film, outside of the dogs in Up.
Anyway, definitely worth seeing when it comes out. I was worried about Pixar suddenly doing a load of sequels, but this is another winner.

Saw this for free in the IFI today surrounded by kids. It's absolutely cracking stuff. No drop off in quality from the first two at all, and arguably better than the second one. I occasionally felt it was revisiting themes already explored in TS2, but by the end it had established its own identity. Remarkable really for the third in a trilogy. The opening is lovely, the action bits are superbly paced (and actually quite scary in parts, particularly the climax), the ending is classic Pixar heartstring tugging, and it's very funny. There is one particular 'bit' that's the funniest thing in the whole 3 films, and maybe in any Pixar film, outside of the dogs in Up.
Anyway, definitely worth seeing when it comes out. I was worried about Pixar suddenly doing a load of sequels, but this is another winner.

What was that bit? The Spanish?

Just saw it now....I was holding back a river at the climax..I, with all my heart, wanted those toys to make it!

Great film and makes me miss my Six Million Dollar Man toy.

I fucking adored this film. I started crying about 10 minutes in, sitting in between two of my male friends who were stony faced throughout, and spent the rest of the film weeping periodically.

Saw this on the same day right after Inception, what a day that was.

There is a really strong argument for Toy Story being the best film trilogy of all time.

Yep that's the bit where my boy exploded in tears and wanted to leave. Had to summon up a ton of parenting skills to convince him to stay, all in a whisper trying to keep my own tears in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back