• Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 4

MDR

Did you get my email?
Website
www.myspace.com
Tower are doing a clear out of their independent stuff. I think they're are removing anything that hasn't sold out within 6 months (i.e. everything) and are 'reviewing' their policy on consignment CDs. Hopefully they're not changing their mind about stocking independent stuff - can any of the Tower people who post here shed any light on this?

Ta.

I was talking to one of the dudes in there. I think they're just looking to get get newer stuff in. I don't think it's an anti local independent policy or anything

Dont worrry girls, the bitch is back. I'm not going to let the big bullys ruin it for everyone. Anyone got any lip-gloss?

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Will this clear out result in some sort of "sale" type reductions?

As far as I remember the small print on the consignment slips preclude their inclusion in sales.

das funkinstein said:
have you noticed they have moved the sections around in tower and HMV ?

Yeah, Tower's books and magazine section has been moved to the basement of HMV on Grafton Street, and the X Box games from HMV Henry Street have replaced the listening posts in Tower. Fierce confusing.

glen said:
They sell fucking skateboards now.

Avril Lennon said:
He was a boy
She was a girl
Can I make it anymore obvious?
He was a punk.
And she did ballet.
What morea can I say?
He wanted her.
She'd never tell.
Secretely she wanted him as well.
And all of her friends
Stuck up their nose.
And they had a problem with his baggy clothes.
He was a sk8er boi she said see ya later boi.
He wasn't good enough for her.
She had a pretty face but her head was up in space.
She needed to come back down to earth.
Five years from now she sits at home feeding the baby she's all alone.
She turns on TV and guess who she sees.
Sk8er boi rocking up MTV.
She calls up her friends.
They already know
And they've all got tickets to see his show.
She tags along, stands in the crowd . Looks up at the man that she turned down.
He was a sk8er boi she said see ya later boi. He wasn't good enough for her.
Now he's a superstar slammin on his guitar to show pretty face what he's worth.
Sorry girl but you missed out. Well tough luck that boi's mine now. We are more than just good friends. This is how the story ends. Too
bad that you couldn't see.. see the man that boi could be. There is more than meets the eye, I see the soul that is inside.
He's just a boi, and I'm just a girl.
Can I make it anymore obvious?
We are in love.
Haven't you heard how we rock eachother's world?
I met the sk8er boi I said see ya later boi.
I'll be backstage after the show.
I'll be at the studio singing the song he wrote about a girl he use to know.
I met the sk8er boi I said see ya later boi.
I'll be backstage after the show.
I'll be at the studio singing the song he wrote about a girl he use to know.

Very touching. Powerful even. brianoak should do a rawk cover. .|..|

i think i should get all my wages sent directly to Tower from now on, i give them most of it anyway. love the place, great music store it has to be said.

there, i've said it

huh

was up from the country there the last day and happened into freebird on wicklow street - the last time i was there its wasn't freebird but some smelly metal type place - anyways i found albums by daniel johnston, console and larmousse in the 2nd hand section and much smiles were had:)
and if anyone zlookin for the "hired hand" deluxe dvd its in there 2nd hand 4 11 yoyo!

giveadogabone said:
was up from the country there the last day and happened into freebird on wicklow street - the last time i was there its wasn't freebird but some smelly metal type place - anyways i found albums by daniel johnston, console and larmousse in the 2nd hand section and much smiles were had:)
and if anyone zlookin for the "hired hand" deluxe dvd its in there 2nd hand 4 11 yoyo!

mucker.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Tower are doing a clear out of their independent stuff. I think they're are removing anything that hasn't sold out within 6 months (i.e. everything) and are 'reviewing' their policy on consignment CDs. Hopefully they're not changing their mind about stocking independent stuff - can any of the Tower people who post here shed any light on this?

Ta.

It was me you were talking to Ro. Don't worry, they're not gonna be stopping stocking independent stuff. There was an enormous amount of old consignment stuff that was never sorted out so they're trying to get that all sorted before implementing a new system. Hopefully this new system will make it easier for all involved getting paid, stock returned etc

chutneyfarmer said:
It was me you were talking to Ro. Don't worry, they're not gonna be stopping stocking independent stuff. There was an enormous amount of old consignment stuff that was never sorted out so they're trying to get that all sorted before implementing a new system. Hopefully this new system will make it easier for all involved getting paid, stock returned etc

Ha ha. Nice to meet you then. In fairness, you're always very nice to me when I'm in there, even though I sell hardly any cds.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Ha ha. Nice to meet you then. In fairness, you're always very nice to me when I'm in there, even though I sell hardly any cds.

whats he look like? i want to go in at lunch and go:
"hello, CHUUUTNEY FARMMMMMER!!!!"
"no, dont look at me, nooooooo!"
"aahhahahahaha. ten blank CDs please, do you have any Ride?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back