Tour de France 2007 thread (3 Viewers)

Surely a moral victory for him anyway and he has bigger fish to fry, starting in two weeks....can't wait for that now

yep, agreed. Roll on the 20th. Will be interesting to see if he stays put with Garmin next year too. Has to be at least a little pissed off not being picked for the tour, given how crap they did in GC. I'd have put him down for at least 1 stage win in that first week too.

saw the final stage of the tour of britain last sunday. ronan mclaughlin rode a good breakaway with christian house from rapha, they were caught as the peloton accelerated for the second last lap. the final sprint was amazing, cavendish lost his lead out on a corner but still came past 5 men alone to beat renshaw on the line. stuck some money on him for the WC tomorrow, he deserves it.

saw the final stage of the tour of britain last sunday. ronan mclaughlin rode a good breakaway with christian house from rapha, they were caught as the peloton accelerated for the second last lap. the final sprint was amazing, cavendish lost his lead out on a corner but still came past 5 men alone to beat renshaw on the line. stuck some money on him for the WC tomorrow, he deserves it.

this years tour of Britain had one of the weakest fields since that race started though. I'm not sure about Cav. He hasn't had the best of years in terms of his own strength. Missing the time cutoffs repeatedly in the tour and then dropping out on stage 4 of the Vuelta will be something the rest of today's field will be only too aware of. They'll try and make the race difficult in the early part to try and get him to have to work harder than normal, in the hope his tank will be empty by race's end. But, the brits know they just have to deliver him to the line and he'll do the rest (albeit without his usual leadout train).

I've been watching some of the races on that course through the week. Its an awful course with no hills of any note. That means for people like Gilbert and Thor, they'll know they can't let the race end in a sprint finish.

I'm gonna put my neck out and predict someone a little left-field. I think Matthew Harley Goss will win it.

Its a wonder they haven't officially announced Cav's move to Sky yet. I'd imagine they're just waiting til after today but still, get on with it lads.

well you were nearly right! I'm £80 up on that one. similar thing today as last week (even though i know ToB isn't a serious race by any means). he just needs a glimpse of a racing line for the last 200m and there is no one going to catch him. he's a worthy champion and the brits played it well. wonder what sky are going to do in the tour next year. surely they can't ride for cav and still let wiggins go for GC?

Nice to see Brammeier and Cav embrace at the finish today. I hate worlds that end in a bunch sprint, though.
This is the kind of shit you want:
Elite_me.jpg

well you were nearly right! I'm £80 up on that one. similar thing today as last week (even though i know ToB isn't a serious race by any means). he just needs a glimpse of a racing line for the last 200m and there is no one going to catch him. he's a worthy champion and the brits played it well. wonder what sky are going to do in the tour next year. surely they can't ride for cav and still let wiggins go for GC?

probably let Cav ride the first 7-10 days then drop out to concentrate on the Olympics. If they do that they can let Wiggins go for GC. But still no discernable leadout train so I wonder.

That was a disappointing race really. Way too flat and the circuit way too short. If it was going to be that flat there should have been another 2 laps of it. Then someone like Goss would have come into his own. Racing really aggressively all day, the others weren't able to crack the brits, which says as much about the course as it does about the brits. And, having the only hill of any note (not that much note really either) at the feed zone was moronic. Bloody danes. Philip Gilbert is a bit pissed off by the whole thing. He didn't see an opportunity to attack even once. Danny Martin gave it a go, but again, not steep enough for him.

This race had Cav's name on it since the course was announced way back. Its a sickener that we have to watch him whinging in the rainbow jersey for the next 12 months.

i agree, two more laps would have been better. for a flat course, it wasn't long enough.
FFS 94 riders were in the group at the end, 106 finished within 1 minute of it and 177 finished altogether. Only 32 abandons.

it was not any where near hard enough. if it wasn't for the crash that split the bunch, probably 140 would have contested the sprint

best race of the week i thought was the men's juniors race.

awesome awesome awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_hEbHKSTY&feature=player_embedded#!

tob_stage_3_arrival_c_tim_de_waele_600.jpg

thats a lad from Dundrum leading home a lad from Letterkenny (ann post ; take note) against some of the top riders in the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back